Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,892   Online: 1249

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

New to Film. Just got a given a box full of dark room equipment

Hi All. I've recently been given a box full of darkroom equipment from a friend. According to the previous owner, everything I need is there. With all the stuff I was also give a "Lucky p-66" enlarger. It came with two negative holders, one 35mm and another much larger one which I'm assuming is medium format. Now, I am really keen on purchasing a second hand medium format camera soon and I want to make sure that the camera I purchase is compatible with all my stuff. The dimensions of the hole in the negative carrier is about 57mm x 57mm (sorry American friends but I don't know what that is in inches). So is this standard 120/220 size ? I was looking at some Mamiya rz67's and m645's. They obviously have different negative size, so would both of them work in this negative holder ?

Apologies for my newbness!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Jonno888

Welcome and good luck.

This sounds like the enlarger was designed for 6x6 square ( 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches ). You could fit the 6 x 4.5 but it would cut off a part of 6 x 7 negatives.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Bill. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think the lens on the enlarger would need to be changed to suit medium format ? I know my friend has been using this stuff with 35mm only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno888 View Post
    Hi Bill. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think the lens on the enlarger would need to be changed to suit medium format ? I know my friend has been using this stuff with 35mm only.
    You will need something like a 75mm or 80mm lens for 6x4.5 or 6x6.

Have fun!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, just had a look, it only has a 50mm lens. Anybody got a lens they want to sell ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG, Jonno.

Those lenses come up all the time on ebay quite cheaply and there's often one in the classifieds here. Where do you live?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi. I live in Melbourne, Australia. Just had a look at ebay and seen quite a few 75mm lenses. Do they use universal threads on the lens ? For example, is something like this (Ebay Item Number) 330584168301 likely to fit ?
    Last edited by Jonno888; 07-09-2011 at 02:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Most lenses have a 39mm thread. Your best bet is to measure the thread on the 50mm you already own to make sure your enlarger hasn't got a different thread on its lens board.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Right you are. It has the 39mm thread. Thanks for info everyone. Now I just need to find a camera. Back to ebay

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin