Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,868   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    handcoater,

Another vote for a 4x5 enlarger, rather than anything smaller. More robust and rigid, and flexibility in case you later feel limited by medium format.

Omega D's and Besler 45 units would likely be front runners due to availability in the USA. Along the same vein, parts and accessories for them will likely be available, long after the smaller units make their way to the second hand shops, dump, etc. Currently they are going cheap, and you might be able to get what you need for little more than just for showing up with something to haul it all away.

Durst are great units (and I understand so are Deveres), but parts may be a problem (availability and expense)...

To give you an idea where I put my money, currently own a D5 with dicro head (and condenser head in a box), and a Durst L184 8x10 with a condenser head I am setting up. But then again, I do shoot both 4x5 and 8x10...

Hope that helps,

Len

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you plan on staying in the 11X14 t0 16X20 rerange of enlargments, I like the Durst 600 or 601 with a color head. I have a D3 with I use for 6X9 and 4X5, but for 6X6 and 35mm I use the Durst. I have a condenser insert and the color insert and often the color insert for Black and White as is a diffusion set up but not a cold light. I use the masking glass negative holder. Easy to keep in alinement. Small foot print. I see them on my local C list, very inexpensive. Buy 2, one for parts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

I would use the enlarger that I use

I use the Fujimoto 450M VC enlarger with the dichroic head. I have touted the lovely attributes of this enlarger on the board in the distant past (i am a very infrequent contributer), and I love this machine. As far as I know, it can be gotten for a song at Jobo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin