Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,880   Online: 980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Analyser 500, the one designed specifically for the Ilford 500 system.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    Analyser 500, the one designed specifically for the Ilford 500 system.
    Ross,

I attached the spreadsheet that Chris Woodhouse developed. I sure hope he doesn't mind. I lost the first version with written instructions that he sent me. This was his updated version as of February 2009, but the only instructions I have are the ones in the Data tab.

My calibrations all came out needing needing about a stop of negative exposure calibration. I think this might be do to me using the 300watt bulbs in a newer Ilford head. My calibration sheet for Ilford MGIV in Ansco 130 is included as well. I made a few extra notes to myself, I'm not sure if they are helpful.

Larry
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Larry, unfortunately my Mac won't open the xls files (not usually a problem Numbers handles them) I'll try Chris W again, maybe my query is at the bottom of his to do list. In the meantime the Ilford controller gets me there fairly efficiently with Foma papers, of which there are a wide variety all with their own characteristics.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ross, pull down OpenOffice from openoffice.org. It looks like it should work just fine to read the Excel files.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

CPM controller interchangeable w/ 500C system?

I just wanted to be sure that both controllers are interchangeable before I replace a 500C controller w/ my 500CPM on my Ilford 500H system. I had 1 of my HA glass filters shatter and the other actually start to melt on my Ilford 500H system last week. I finally located 2 new pieces of glass ( at a cost of 175.00! had to buy the frame/ filter and HA glass as a unit). To my good fortune yesterday, I was given an earlier model 500H w/ the "C" controller complete system for free! It's in excellent condition,, and I thought I would use my 500CPM controller instead of the 500C controller w/ my new system. Am I correct that the 500CPM will work? I realize I will have to calibrate the controller.

Thanks to anyone who might lend their knowledge!
    Gary

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Ross,

I attached the spreadsheet that Chris Woodhouse developed. I sure hope he doesn't mind. I lost the first version with written instructions that he sent me. This was his updated version as of February 2009, but the only instructions I have are the ones in the Data tab.

My calibrations all came out needing needing about a stop of negative exposure calibration. I think this might be do to me using the 300watt bulbs in a newer Ilford head. My calibration sheet for Ilford MGIV in Ansco 130 is included as well. I made a few extra notes to myself, I'm not sure if they are helpful.

Larry
    I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have any ideas how to come up with the calibration numbers for Ilford's new Fibre Classic paper? When I load the spreadsheet, it says that I need Visual Basic, which I do not have on my Mac.

Larry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have any ideas how to come up with the calibration numbers for Ilford's new Fibre Classic paper? When I load the spreadsheet, it says that I need Visual Basic, which I do not have on my Mac.

Larry
    What app are you using to open the files on your Mac? On mine I use Office 2011 and they work fine. I do get a question of whether I want to enable macros, which is what is using Visual Basic code. I do enable them, but I don't think they are necessary. Everything is manually entered and read from the graphs and then entered into other sections. I imagine the process would work fine with OpenOffice or any other spreadsheet package, but you would probably need to make some small changes to files, mainly regarding the graphs. In fact I'm sure it could all be done on paper, but that would take a while.

If you need any help send me a PM and I can try to walk you through the process.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello,

I've never found these macro on the excel files, and it works fine without it. You just have first to fill the density datas then you will have to report manually the datas collected from the graphs (the "white" and "black" points from the density curves, the green pointers, and the exposure compensation).

For sure you could also do all that w/o any computer but it will take a hell of a time as you 'd need to draft all the curves.

Just one important point as I was looking back to the attached file filled with Chris's comments: the spreadsheet works for a total exposure time of 16s - associated with a light level of 374. Conversely to what it says, if you enter a different exposure time, unfortunately the spreadsheet won't make any corrections (no dependant formulas ), which means that your results will be wrong; the best thing is to stick for your tests to 16s otherwise you would need to modify the excel model to take into account the reference lumination level you would have used for our tests.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin