Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,695   Online: 764

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post
    Hmm, £35 each x 4 would end up being over $200CDN with shipping, taxes, duty could well be over $300. That is about what I paid for a complete system on a Focomat IIC.

I've moved that head to Beseler 45 - I'd like to fix the older one but at that cost it's going to be hard to justify. Guess I'm just spoiled with current prices on used equipment .
    Used prices on Ilford heads are getting up there too though ...
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Used prices on Ilford heads are getting up there too though ...
    Most definitely. I passed on a couple of offers for 2nd hand 500 systems several years back - now I wish I hadn't. I imagine that the vast majority of 500 systems were originally bought by labs and universities. Most of the labs (and university darkrooms) that have ditched their traditional printing equipment did it several years ago. Those that weathered the storm and still have their enlargers in place are probably going to keep them. You might see them trickle onto the market every now and then, but I have a feeling that the days of picking up Ilford 500 systems for cheap have passed. Hopefully I am wrong

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    Most definitely. I passed on a couple of offers for 2nd hand 500 systems several years back - now I wish I hadn't. I imagine that the vast majority of 500 systems were originally bought by labs and universities. Most of the labs (and university darkrooms) that have ditched their traditional printing equipment did it several years ago. Those that weathered the storm and still have their enlargers in place are probably going to keep them. You might see them trickle onto the market every now and then, but I have a feeling that the days of picking up Ilford 500 systems for cheap have passed. Hopefully I am wrong
    There's one in the Chicago area craigslist ads right now for $250, is that cheap? Seems so to me...

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's a good price indeed.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Heat absorbing glass repalcement

I bought an Omega 5XL with Ilford 500 system. Now I checked the head and find only cracked pieces on the right side! Anyone found a source for Ilford 500 head heat absorbing glass? The filter has only a slight scratch.

I got a lot of negative carriers for the Omega but no 4x5". Anyone wants to swap a carrier? I also got an extended lens holder with 39mm hole that I would swap for a 50mm thread.

I´m from Germany and shipping costs could be an issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You want to contact Ross Tabacoff at pretzelride@yahoo.com

He was able to find me the parts I needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    You want to contact Ross Tabacoff at pretzelride@yahoo.com

He was able to find me the parts I needed.
    I was going to mention that if you are still having trouble finding parts I have a complete very good condition unit I can part out.......oops its your unit! Any chance coming out next week? John and I and whoever else want to come by usually get together in Penninsula during the Winter. If you can't make it, no problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I was going to mention that if you are still having trouble finding parts I have a complete very good condition unit I can part out.......oops its your unit! Any chance coming out next week? John and I and whoever else want to come by usually get together in Penninsula during the Winter. If you can't make it, no problem.
    Hey, don't be giving away my enlarger head! Can't make it unfortunately, though it sounds like fun. We will hopefully be down soon though and will be able to collect the unit.

Shooter
    35mm

Alternate source

Sorry I can't post the link, 5 post n00b blocker, but edmund optics also sells heat blocking glass in various sizes. It's Schott glass so if you needed something larger than what edmund has, you could probably special order it from Schott.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin