Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,910   Posts: 1,584,668   Online: 859

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Durst enlarger

Shooter
    Large Format
    Peter,
    To put the height issue in perspective, if using a 300mm lens it requires aqpproximately 135cm (53") from negative stage to enlarging paper for a 2x (16x20) enlargement.
    If you do look at doing 16x20 regularly, you might want to find yourself an extremely short stool to sit upon while dodging and burning...
    I am sure you will be impressed by it, particularly if you know mechanical design and systems.
    Good luck,
    Len

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I actually got a call today from my garage where I have my car in maintenance. Instead of the estimated 100 euro's repairs will cost me 600 euro's. Sucks so I called the guy to say I can't buy it anymore. After talking a little bit this awesome man said I could pick it up anyway and spend the money on the car. He just made my week! I was soo bummed out when I heard the cost of the car repair. So I will be doing a lot of enlargements and shooting 8x10 this year. At the end of august I will have my darkroom prepped for the new academic year.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter de Groot View Post
    I actually got a call today from my garage where I have my car in maintenance. Instead of the estimated 100 euro's repairs will cost me 600 euro's. Sucks so I called the guy to say I can't buy it anymore. After talking a little bit this awesome man said I could pick it up anyway and spend the money on the car. He just made my week!
    You are one lucky guy! Enjoy this wonderful machine. If my much smaller L1200 is anything to go by, it will be a joy to use, despite the chunky size of these things.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am even though I will be spending more money then planned this week ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my enlarger today. It is fully functioning with a remote control to move the head up and down. It is now in storage. Heavy thing. I will be sleeping well tonight that is for sure! Full range of lenses: 300, 210, 180, 150, 80, 40 mm. The range is full enough for me anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got my enlarger today. It is fully functioning with a remote control to move the head up and down. It is now in storage. Heavy thing. I will be sleeping well tonight that is for sure! Full range of lenses: 300, 210, 180, 150, 80, 40 mm. The range is full enough for me anyway.
    Do you know what mixing/diffusing boxes you got with the CLS color head? You NEED the 8x10 or 10x10 one, the others are not needed, but nice to have if they came with the package.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another thing I want to point out on that CLS head is that the bulb and the dichroic reflector are separate. You know those smaller dichroic lamps are all-in-one, so when the bulb burns out you buy a new bulb with reflector at the same time.

Not so with the CLS 301 head. The reflector is separate from the bulb, and if the dichroic coating peels off the inside, it is very expensive to replace (>$1000). So, I really protect my dichroic reflector by minimizing my bulb on-time. I don't spend a lot of time 'enjoying' my image projected on the baseboard, just enough time to frame and focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two diffusor boxes. One for 10 x 10 and one for smaller formats. So I thinks i am ok here. It seem very complete to me. The guy recently changed the lightbulbs and he gave me 8 spare lamps too. The are halogen lamps 110 volts from GE. When I'm home I'll look up the correct name and type.
    Now I have the daunting task of cleaning out and up my room so I can start using the thing. I want to have it up and running before september first. That's when the new year at the art academy starts again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lights that are in the enlarger head are 120 volts 250 watts quartzline lamp from general electric. I geuss they did the trick for the previous owner so it'll do it for me as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two diffusor boxes. One for 10 x 10 and one for smaller formats. So I thinks i am ok here. It seem very complete to me. The guy recently changed the lightbulbs and he gave me 8 spare lamps too.
    Nice! You got a fantastic setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin