Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,290   Online: 766

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Durst enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks I am happy with it. Started yesterday to clear out my room So I can set it all up.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still haven't cleaned out the room completely but enough to set it up. A small sometimes badly lit report is on my blog:
    darkroomninja

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice work getting that all put together! I hope you get a lot of good use out of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a beast of an enlarger! I don't think I have room for something like that. Good luck with it!

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am lucky to live in a 3-bedroom apartment with my girlfriend. So I do have the room....barely. But starting in January I plan on using it regularly. After making room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed a beast, but good to see you managed to fit it in there. Funny, you almost would think the enlarger supports the roof of the room. When the city centre of Maastricht and its buildings start sinking in a pit hole and collapsing like that shopping centre in Heerlen due to the old mining shafts, you know where to hide: under your enlarger's baseboard!
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah that would be a safe place indeed. As long as the authorities don't point the finger at me!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi ic-racer,

$ 1000 US ouch. I have a 300 head with 1000 watt lamps in it which came with lots of spare mirrors some of which were shot so I talked to a local mirror refurbishers and they did 5 for me at $ 25 NZ each which at that time was about 50 cents US to the NZ $. So just for once I am ahead ( the cost of chemicals here is outrageous ).

Does your head have the black heat heater bars wired in next to the lamps ?

Regards

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hale View Post
    Hi ic-racer,

$ 1000 US ouch. I have a 300 head with 1000 watt lamps in it which came with lots of spare mirrors some of which were shot so I talked to a local mirror refurbishers and they did 5 for me at $ 25 NZ each which at that time was about 50 cents US to the NZ $. So just for once I am ahead ( the cost of chemicals here is outrageous ).

Regards

Rob
    Are those dichoric mirrors? The reflector in the CLS1840 and CLS2000 heads is more like this 'cold reflector': http://www.edmundoptics.com/products...productid=1412

It would be great to find a place to re-coat them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hale View Post
    No, in the CLS2000 head a little voltage (20V) is applied to the bulb to warm it up (less than needed to make it light up).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin