Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,991   Online: 797

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Durst enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst enlarger

Hi,

I have a question is this a good enlarger set? I recently started (finally) shooting 8x10 negs and this one came up for a decent price.
    - Durst Color Laborator 184
    - Durst CLS 301 box
    - Durst Lamot 220 electronic bediening
    - Durst Digitim 2000 electronic timer
    - Durst TRA 301 stabilised powersupply
    - Complete set quality lenses
    - Masks for different negatives sizes up to 10x10 inch
    - easel with compressor

I tried searching on google but I am looking for some feedback from users here as well.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Peter,
    I just recently acquired a L184 chassis with a V184 condenser head. Still getting bits I need to make it fully operational, but that is coming together. It looks like that would not be an issue with the system you are looking at as it looks to be complete, and that would provide considerable value for you.
    No question it well built; rigidity will not be an issue.
    You might want to take a look or ask the question on the Large Format Photography Forum web site.
    Hope that helps,
    Len

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Len, I followed your advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Peter....

You'll have what many regard as the 'Rolls Royce of enlargers'.
    I used a Durst 138s (at work) for years..... and still enjoy my 30 year-old L1000 at home.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know. I can pick it up next friday. Already heard the cls 301 is not the best part but for starters it should do I geuss.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter de Groot View Post
    Good to know. I can pick it up next friday. Already heard the cls 301 is not the best part but for starters it should do I geuss.
    You do realize you will need a truck or minivan at least to transport this beast? My L1200, also considered "professional", already weighs in at a hefty 30-40 kg. And it only goes to 4x5 max and doesn't have a full framework to stand on, like the L184. IDK, but the L184 could easily be over 100 kg looking at some pictures of it...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the G139 (L184 base with 138S head) - you'll definitely need a hand to move it.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will be deconstructed for convenient moving. So a car and a thing that you put behind it(i forgot the english name) should suffice me thinks. But it is huge indeed. I will have to store it first so I can make some room at home. I hope it will fit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Peter,
    The whole thing breaks down fairly well, after all they needed to ship them all over the world...
    A car and trailer should be able to get it home. My brother and I used a small open pick up truck with a tarp covering it in the back. You might want to bring some pentrating oil if the various bits have been sitting together for a very long time.
    It does separate into two main pieces, the bottom table stage and the upper column with the enlarging head. The upper column and enlarging head will be the most ackward to move and you might want to remove the head prior to removing the upper column from the table stage, if it can be easily done.
    Your main issue in setting it up will be an issue of ceiling height, unless you are looking at horizontal projection. In my case I located it so that the head rises between the floor joists.
    Good luck and enjoy,
    Len

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info Len. I think the guy selling it knows a fair deal about the enlarger so I should be ok. I heard the main colom is 2,30 meters tall and my ceiling is 2,50 meters. I should be able to get it in there. Not planning to make really big prints yet so that should be fine to. Well see. I let you know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin