Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,611   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ~6mm = 1/4" Largish knobs are available with a brass insert threaded for that size inexpensively. If the hole in the knob is a little large/small drill it out or use something like JBWeld to fasten it. You wouldn't even have to remove the shaft
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You would have to use enough epoxy to fillet the collar on the shaft to the back of the knob. The problem is it's not that easy when the shaft is horizontal and the area you need to work in is "blind". If you can remove the shaft from the housing, doing it is dead easy. You could email Durst USA and see if that knob is available as part without the shaft. If it is then it is a press fit onto the shaft. The focus adjust knob on my Ce1000 is very similar and looks like it was molded onto the shaft.

I don't know about the height adjustment one, as the complete mechanism was missing when I purchased the enlarger, so I had to make one.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is something similar with foldable handle: http://www.igus.eu/wpck/default.aspx...nopf&C=DE&L=en

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contact Durst Pro, they can probably supply you with replacement parts. I have a couple of the lens stage bellows units that have the same knob. I might be willing to part with one of them if you can't find the parts separately. The parts are probably interchangeable but I'm not positive. I have one that is good for several parts but has some pitting of the chrome on the bellows rod. The knob and shaft is nice though. The bellows is fine and other parts too. Send me a PM later if you don't have any luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    no a metal tape measure
    the metal thing doesn't look easy to remove as the enlarger weighs alot, and no i am not a mechanic/engineer - i will need to find a man that can.
    South east england

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You're not that far from me - Head for Cambridge, turn right

The shaft will probably have to be remove to effect a repair - If it is like the Durst enlargers I've worked with in the past, the only thing to stop the shaft coming out is a small pin through a gear. A small pinpunch and toffee hammer will get the pin out, and as the shaft is withdrawn, some small shim washers will drop out. Note where the washers came from, and which way round the gear was mounted.

If you pop the broken bits and (most importantly) the shaft in to the post, I'll see if I can repair or replace the handwheel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Half of it still stuck to the metal shaft and the rest crumbled away but thanks for the offer. I think it is quite old as i bought if second hand from someone. I have sound an old clamp tool which belonged to my late dad in his tool box, and that works as a temporary measure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quick question what is a "small pinpunch and toffee hammer"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-316919/c...pin-punch.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffee_hammer

Easier than describing. Pin punches come in many different diameters, and are used for driving a pin or small shaft out of a larger object.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get a Knob with the 1/4" diameter hole! You won't have to remove the shaft.
    Mix the epoxy, put some in the hole of the knob and put it in place. Use slow curing epoxy it's stronger, let it cure overnight.
    Wham, Bam done.
    So simple even I can do it. Most epoxy is mixed 1:1 so a 1/4" dab of both tubes, mix it with a toothpick or the like & off you go. No man required.
    Use a piece of aluminum foil or waxed paper over the shaft first that way any squeeze out won't get all over the enlarger. Just push the foil/paper onto the shaft.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin