Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,482   Posts: 1,571,163   Online: 1243

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some types of rubber stoppers are contaminated by or swell in the presence of some organic chemicals and some even swell or deform in the presence of alkali.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the liquor stores around here (New England) many craft breweries are now selling "growlers" of ale- 1/2 gallon brown glass bottles with seriously good beer inside! After living in England a while as a young man I found getting used to American "fizzy" beer on my return a chore- became a wino instead. The ales I found sold in growlers are much more like beer pulled from the barrel- a good head and lots of taste, but fewer burps per pint. On telling papagene at the last beach party that there was a $1.50 deposit on the bottle, he said that he would gladly pay that for such a good darkroom container! I don't return many.

New favorite: Dirty Penny Ale, from the Burnside Brewing Company of East Hartford, CT. They say they were the first brewery in America- many time sold and out of business for decades. Like all such claims, this should be taken with a ... well, a glass of ale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plastic vodka jugs. Thick PET plastic. No need to clean them before first use. Non-slip grip. The pour spout is calibrated to 10ml/second - close enough for HCA and the like.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mmm.. growlers :sidways: Yeah, beer containers are so cheap compared to dedicated "darkroom" or chemical containers. We have a local brewery here that does growlers, and I've yet to think I had a night (and the next morning...) to devoted to 1/2 a gallon of beer; especially good beer!

Had no idea about the flow rate of liquor containers, that's very interesting.

Cheers!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

Collect money and visit Belgium. Best beer is there. They say Duval - devil - is the best beer you can buy and it is famous in USA and will no problem to buy it from a US distributor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will look for that Umut, thanks.

I admit, I really dislike witbier, being more partial to hoppy stuff, but Duvel looks to be hopped. Dale's Pale Ale (colorado) might be my favorite beer.. due partially to its rareness. For some reason they don't distribute to Kansas...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I really like New Castle Brown Ale. If people want to use the old Kodak Cubitainers, this company still makes them in several small and large sizes. Contact them for a distributer list.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Any one interested in beer in Belgium , look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Belgium

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Any one interested in buying Trappist Monk beer internationally :http://www.beermania.be/allnewbm.php..._cat=Trappiste

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting thread, I always thought using plasti dip on glass would work. Haven't tried it but it should help with breakage light protection and you could even color code your chemicals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin