Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,860   Online: 1176

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Jorj, that's very interesting. I never thought about drying the film while in the reel. Do you do this with 135 films?

I see an advantage, when I take the film from the drying cupboard, and I am preparing to cut stripes of 6 frames, I have to put the film somewhere, and that somewhere is the thing that causes the dirt and dust to reach the film, a 135/36 is a long piece of film and it will not stay on its side.

Never thought that one could even take the film, re-load the reel with it, and then unload it as needed for the slide cutter.

Brilliant!
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I do it with 135 also. With both 120 and 135, I leave it on the reel while I'm cutting and scanning exactly as you're considering.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't see a need for an elaborate drying system. For over thirty years I have been drying B&W film (35mm, 120 and 4x5 plus 8x10 dup film) in my darkroom having attached a heavy fishing line over the sink and hanging the film with weighted film clips or in the case of 4x5 in film hangers. I have a filter over the ac vent. The film is hung with the emulsion side away from the ac vent which is on the opposite wall. The film dries quickly and I have never had a problem with dust.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wish my environment was clean enough to allow that! I used to hang everything in my basement, but it took too long to dry (hours) and always wound up seriously dusty. A few simple parts thrown together with gaffer's tape and that's no longer a problem for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Amen, I made one like that years ago and it worked. Don't need one on my darkroom now as I leave while the film is drying ( It's a tiny darkroom)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin