Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,133   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm

dark room first time cem shopping advice please

ok this is my shopping list so far
    delta-100-pro-35mm-36
    ilford-ilfotec-dd-x-1l
    ilford-ilfostop-500ml
    ilford-rapid-fixer-1l
    ilford-ilfotol-wetting-agent-1l

ok i think thats all for the film but what about paper and paper developing
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fixer will work fine for paper as well. Just dilute the concentrate more, and store the working solutions separately.
    Same for the stop bath.

If you are doing a lot of darkroom work, you might consider one of the larger sizes of fixer.

From the same site (AG Photographic), any of the neutral tone print developers should be fine.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you what about paper i want to print 8x10 or 10x8
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    why all ilford?

I recommend a range of films, not just Delta 100, try some Plus-X 125, Tmax 100, and defiantly get some Delta 400, Tmax400, Tri-X 400, or Neopan 400 as well.

I always instruct everyone to start with D76, as its the standard baseline for pretty much all developers and all comparisons. Tons of info as well.

Stop bath can be any brand, it makes no difference, just get any ol indicator stop. But be sure to check price + dilution amounts per container for best deal.

Ilford rapid fix is good stuff I like it.

Any wetting agent is fine as well, PhotoFlo is cheaper.

Dont forget to grab a HCA, hypo clearing agent. Will help you preserve your film as well as save water.

good luck and have fun.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin