Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,875   Online: 1154

Omega D5500 4x5 thingy?

Hi Everyone, I am using a D5500 with an Ilford head. I mostly print my 6x6 negs, but I'm curious about moving up to 4x5. I have the carrier (glassless), but, I don't have that little white box that diffuses the light for 4x5. I got this second hand a few years back so I don't even know what it's called. I love the enlarger. It's leaps and bounds better than my old Omega. But, I want to start searching for that 4x5 white diffusion box.

Any ideas what it's called and where I can find one would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    Echard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You need a 4x5 light integration box. Just like the box you have except the light area is 5x5 inches.

Thanks. I had no idea what that thing was called. Now, I just need to find one. I actually made one out of foam core and diffusion paper, but alas, it didn't do the trick.

cheers,
    echard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.adorama.com/SD255545.html
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which Ilford head? The mixing boxes vary, this thread has some nice info and pictures:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/8...r-sources.html
    It should be possible to make a box based on what you have, just bigger. Take a look at the thread above, maybe post a picture of what you have there are a few Ilford users here.

Yes, that looks like the box. I have the Ilford VC head. I'll upload a pic tomorrow. I think the box is similar but not exactly what I need. That one looks like it's for an LPL enlarger which looks a bit different that the D5500. I'm headed over to that apug link right now. I'd really like to just make one and save money for paper and film. Thanks for the help y'all.

echard

PS. It's a Ilford 500H head. The thing is just teasing me to print 4x5. I feel like I'm so close. Or, maybe it's a sign to just keep life simple and stay with 6x6

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin