Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,303   Posts: 1,681,527   Online: 700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

uneven dev with jobo cpe2

hi,

lately ive been getting a lot of uneven development with mmy jobo cpe2. i think the film is touching in parts on the reel too which is strange as it is definitely all threded on correctly. mostly its just the tail of the film which i think is curling down and touching film below. does anyone know whay this could happen at all?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    can you give us a few more details - what film format, reels and tank used?

a couple of thoughts - not enough chemistry, processor not level..and are you pre-washing your film first - most important thing for even development in my experience..
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i ahve used various films-kodak ektachrome epp, fuji reala, , prove, all 120 format. dev is rollei digibase kit at 38.7oC for 3:15. i use 250ml of chemistr in a jobo 1520 tank using a plastic jobo reel. i leave the jobo for at least 45 minutes each time before starting the dev process. i always start with a presoak but im wondering if that is causing damage.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    oh, and my prewash is for 3 minutes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear wilfbiffherb,

A picture of the problem might help people contribute possible causes.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format

if you look at this image you can see the top shots are fine but lower down the film is almost opaque. i checked when i was taking it off the reel and this is area of film came form the inner part of the reel.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear wilfbiffherb,

I couldn't find the link to your attachment.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    for some reason i cant post the http. try this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilfbif...in/photostream

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    With out further inspection it looks like fog as if the inner core weren't installed in the tank. It sounds like an awful long pre-soak for color film, but if it never gave you problems before, it shouldn't now. The inner part of the reel would be the outer part of the spool, did you wind it tightly out of the camera? Could it be fogged before you even load it in the tank?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't see why it would have happened from the camera,I remove the film in a darkbag. I used a plastic jobo reel with the film wound up to the red tab. How long do you normally presoak for?I thought 3 minutes was standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin