Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,615   Online: 663

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    By the time you buy a Jobo, you really should just invest in a phototherm sidekick
    Not the same thing at all. The Sidekick may be better at what it does, but doesn't do as much. For one thing I shoot 4x5. Unless I read incorrectly, the Sidekick won't do 4x5 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Not the same thing at all. The Sidekick may be better at what it does, but doesn't do as much. For one thing I shoot 4x5. Unless I read incorrectly, the Sidekick won't do 4x5 film.
    You have buy a rather expensive insert to do 4x5. Once you have that insert it is an awesome 4x5 processor. But without it there is no way to make it work.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    With the insert it does 4X5. AND you are correct. Thephototherm does not process paper. But owning a phototherm will change your life

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Aarrgghh ... I've never seen any reference to this metal core. Can you post a picture? Is it difficult to find? Do you think Hewes still produces it?

I was tempted to buy a couple of 135 SS reels for the Jobo 1500 series (I have some 1510 and a 1520) and I now see it wouldn't have been enough to buy the reels, and maybe I would have remained "stuck" without SS cores.

Are the metal cores also produced by Hewes? In case, do they have a part number (for 1510, 1520 etc.). I don't find any information on the Hewes web site.

Thanks for any information
    Fabrizio
    The cores were made by Jobo, as far as I know. I have several sizes. I could post a picture perhaps this evening if I can recall how to do that.

You also have to twist and remove the light safe funnel cap inside the lid of your 1500 tank and put in a special one that doesn't have a hole in the middle of it. The special one has a plug in the middle to keep out the light since the metal core is just a rod, not a tube as with the plastic cores. The end of the metal rod fits into the plug.

Here are some of the Jobo part numbers:

1 reel Centercore #1561
    4 reel Centercore #1562
    5 reel Centercore #1563
    8 reel Centercore #1564

The reel count is for 35mm. You can fit half as many 120 reels, in general. According to an old Jobo catalog I have, you must use a Jobo lift and cog system, not the magnet setup. The catalog says it's not intended for hand inversion tanks either.

I've got the 1561/62/63 and a 1558, which was a package with the 1564 core and some 120 reels.

Edit: OK, it looks like I don't have to post a picture. I found this one here on the Jobo site:
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...d_reels_ss.htm

Here is some other info on the reels, cores, and tanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SS-Centercores-001.png  
    Last edited by SkipA; 08-02-2011 at 04:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Very many thanks.

Stainless steel reels #1565 are usable in place of the plastic #1501 ones, with the normal plastic rods.

The other stainless steeel reels have to be used with the specific stainless steel rods.

In my case, it's either #1565 or nothing

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    With the insert it does 4X5. AND you are correct. Thephototherm does not process paper. But owning a phototherm will change your life
    I'll give up my Phototherm when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin