Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,714   Online: 935

Shooter
    35mm

Cold Light Head Problem

Hello Everyone,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change a bulb in a cold light head. I bought a Beseler 45 MXII on e-Bay and the bulb was broken during shipping. So, given the cost of a new bulb, I instead bought an Aristo cold light head (e-Bay) with a HI V54 lamp. It does not fit onto my Beseler. So I want to change out the bulbs but both units appear to be pretty well self-contained. Does the bulb just pull out of the unit? Or does the unit need to be opened? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This might help: http://www.light-sources.com/sites/d..._head_info.pdf
    I assume you mean change the lamps between 2 cold lights not replace the factory Beseler lamp with a cold light.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    I warn you to be extremely safe opening the housings. These tubes use around 1500 V to lighten up so a spark and you're gone. Unplug the unit minutes before opening it to ensure whatever condenser in it has time to discharge.
    Last but not least, insulation tape age with time. So if you remove old tape, beware ! the replacement you've got at Wall Mart is at best rated 600 V ... Just half as it should bear...
    But do not despair. The people making shop signs or roadsigns work with these little tubes all day long. They can feed you with advice and or proper tape, maybe even a tube...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try contacting Louise Kessler. She was in charge and helpful for those of us who wanted replacement bulbs for the Aristo VCL units.
    Louise.Kessler@voltarc.com

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for the information. Yes, I mean changing the bulb from the Aristo to the Zone VI. The V54 bulb is in the Aristo and the broken bulb in the Zone VI. I have never even turned either of these lights on so I'm sure the capacitors are discharged. I guess this means I need to open it up. I thought maybe the bulbs might pull out but I didn't want to pull too hard.
    Thank you for the contact info. I will see what she says.
    Thanks again

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have both the Zone and the Arista lights, and it is very easy to change the bulbs. Side screws open the case, 2 wires to connect and you are home free.

****AS mentioned, be sure the unit has been unplugged for a short time before working inside. The unit doesn't have heavy storage capcitors, but residual charge can exist in high voltage units like this and does bleed off when unpluged.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin