Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,372   Online: 720

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pcyco View Post
    hallo

no problems with developer stain they should get clean with water

fixer: a friend told me to use corega-tabs (dont know a name in english) this are tabs to clean your 3rd teeth.
    works well for me
    --
    thomas
    The brand name is Steradent in Australia (denture cleaning tablets that dissolve and fizz in warm water) and I use them regularly to soak reels and things. Leave them soaking overnight and then scrub with a toothbrush if necessary. Never tried it with trays. A thorough rinse in hot water after each session has kept mine in good shape after many years.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The best way to clean B&W trays is to use the Kodak TC-3 formula of Potassium Permanganate n sulfuric acid bath followed by a second nutralizing solution.

I believe you can buy the tray cleaner already prepared or look up how to make it yourself using the Kodak formual whcih you can find on the net.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Me too, I like the fact that I can easily tell them apart. I saw a series back about dev trays of different printers , I thought that was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I never clean my trays with anything but plain water. I consider anything that builds up on them to be normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only rinse my trays out with hot water at the end of every session and they still look clean after several years of use. My slot processor was a different story, leaving chems in plastic for extended periods of time made it look disgusting. Once a year I would clean it by soaking in water with Polident denture cleaning tabs. It sometimes took a couple of treatments in the developing slot to come fully clean.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the good response everyone - seeing as the staining doesn't present a problem I think I'll go with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' school of philosophy, leave it be and just enjoy the interesting patterns.
    Cheers, TRisha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My developer trays are stained heavily with what looks like silver build up but is probably a lot of things besides. I use the same trays for sheet film development with pyro developers, and for prints with amidol. I always wash with hot water right away after using my trays and often scrub with paper towels, but the stains build up anyway. I've tried all kinds of cleaners that didn't work. R-9 bleach didn't even work that well. So I finally gave up trying to get the stains out. As far as I can tell, they don't cause any problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Me too, I like the fact that I can easily tell them apart. I saw a series back about dev trays of different printers , I thought that was pretty cool.
    It was probably this series:

http://www.johncyrphotography.com/pa...opertrays.html

First thing to notice is that more of the trays are "filthy" than not. A few are spotless and may have been purchased just before the request came in (or conceivably right after).

Includes both Adams, George Tice, Wynn Bullock, Andreas Feininger, Kim Weston, Mapplethorpe, Arnold Newman, Leonard Freed, Sally Mann, some historical trays, and many others.
    Last edited by Monito; 08-11-2011 at 06:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes this is the series,,, My tray looks a lot like George Tices.

Quote Originally Posted by Monito View Post
    It was probably this series:

http://www.johncyrphotography.com/pa...opertrays.html

First thing to notice is that more of the trays are "filthy" than not. A few are spotless and may have been purchased just before the request came in (or conceivably right after).

Includes both Adams, George Tice, Wynn Bullock, Andreas Feininger, Kim Weston, Mapplethorpe, Arnold Newman, Leonard Freed, Sally Mann, some historical trays, and many others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin