Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,955   Online: 789

Shooter
    Medium Format

What's this for???

I picked up this oversized tank and reels in a lot of darkroom equipment. I've searched around and haven't found a reference to identify it. It doesn't appear to be a bulk reel because it doesn't look like it would hold much more than a standard 35mm roll (although I haven't tried loading one onto it). My best guess is that it was for processing E3 which had to be fogged with light (thus the larger spacing between the film). I'm thinking it might be useful for highly dilute development.

The reel in question is on the left and a standard one on the right. Anyone know for sure? The tank is marked Nikor btw.

Thanks....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1006.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think it is a 20 exposure 35mm reel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We recently had a thread on this, maybe in the Classifieds section. Nikor made a 220 reel with the same thick wire used in 120 reels, and these fit in a larger tank, which was the same diameter as the Nikor sheet-film cage, and apparently there were 35mm/36 exp reels that fit this same system.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wait I'm wrong, I believe the diameter of a 35mm 20 exposure reel is the same of a 36 exposure 35mm reel. So I am not sure what you have.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    We recently had a thread on this, maybe in the Classifieds section. Nikor made a 220 reel with the same thick wire used in 120 reels, and these fit in a larger tank, which was the same diameter as the Nikor sheet-film cage, and apparently there were 35mm/36 exp reels that fit this same system.
    Hmmm... Maybe that's it. Sorry I didn't show the reel in profile but it is 35mm width. Maybe as you say it was just a reel to accommodate 35mm in the same system. So much for it's mysterious "special purpose". Thanks!

J.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin