Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,742   Online: 858

Pav

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Jobo ATL 1000 plumbing help

I have just got a Jobo ATL 1000 and I have used it with a pump when on the move, but I want to plumb the unit to a more permanant water supply in my darkroom. My darkroom has only a cold water supply, there's no hot water. I know nothing about plumbing. I presume I need a water heater connected to the cold water pipe and need to set it to 38 degrees then connect the heater to the processor so it draws the hot water. Using a permanant connection means it the water jacket fills up inside by itself? Can someone help?

Thanks

Pav

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think you need a heater at all. AFAIK the ATL 1000 is connected to the mains and the water is heated by the processor. To 24C for the B/W programs and to 38C for E6 and C41. Do you have a manual? It's all in there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    >>Older ATL-1000 need also some modification on the mainboard because they do not control the temperature for the room temperature processes.>>

So, run a B/W program using water in the bottles. See if the processor heats the bath to 24C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ATL-1000/1500 needs temperature controlled water for washing. 38C for E-6 and C-41 and 24C for B/W. My ATL-1000 heats up to 24C when running a B/W program.

I you only have cold water in the darkroom, you not only will need a water heater, but also a thermostatic mixing valve. Perhaps it's easier to use it the way you use it now, and let it pump water at the right temperature from a large container?

Trond

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin