Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,924   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    With the sink in one corner you can have the enlarger in the opposite side...
    I smell a darkroom!!!
    PS I found the kodak phorogrpahy course online:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consu...llCourse.shtml
    YAY! You're brilliant!!!
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, what brand equipment? Chemicals? Now it gets interesting...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade

Jovo - Don't you have troughs in NY?

Sure...but sinks aren't usually called that here. It's amusing because it's a word that often is associated with where one 'slops the hogs' for instance and gets analogized as the site where rapacious politicians go for financial sustenance. I love the international aspect of the internet with its instant capacity to share culture.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Am I starting at the wrong end of the stick? How long will chemicals, papers, etc... be around to make it all worth while?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Giggle, John, troughs are usually on in laundrys (or outback dunny's and washrooms) here and sinks in kitchens and bathrooms. Culture is great.
    I have quite a few cultural stories to tell from my tourguiding days way back...

Images
    Good MORNING, Nicole,

Not only do we have somewhat opposite times, but, unfortunately, we here in Illinois are just beginning that long, dreary slide into winter. It's mid-50's, cloudy, drizzly, and gray here; I'm sure Perth is much nicer right now. In fact, I think I'll go over to weatheronline.co.uk to check!

To answer your question: Processing times vary depending on the film, the developer, and the temperature. Times in the five to ten minute range are fairly typical.

Konical

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Oooh - you're in for some fun!

It's cheaper, faster, and as everyone has pointed out, gives you the control.

There are several online sources of info, but I also like analog reading - a book or two might be a good idea.

I had a copy of Mastering Black-And-White Photography by Bernhard Suess, which I found helpful. I'm sure there are several others just as good if not better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nicole,

The very best thing for you to do is visit with someone else that has a darkroom. That way you can see all the items and figure out how things should be layed out etc. Most would be glad to give a guided tour -- take notes and measurements.

Then go to eBay and use the search word 'darkroom.'
    Imitation cameras come with big egos, real cameras do not include accessories.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Konical - it's spring here and beautiful weather as usual. Actually, we don't get enough rain here on the west coast and Australia seems to be drying up pretty fast. Summer can get pretty hot, but gee we're lucky to live in such a beautiful country!

Thanks Max. I prefer analog reading took, doesn't cook my eyes as much!

I'll check it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Time well spent

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    Does it take long to process a roll of film?
    on average, I'd say it takes me about 40 minutes to develop my film from the time I pop open the 35mm canister to when I hang the negs to dry. There's a little extra lead time on that getting the chemicals to the right temperature, but you can be doing other things while that happens.

Steven

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin