Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,121   Online: 934

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Uses for a Cibachrome processing drum

I bought a drum roller on feEBay to rotate my Jobo drum, and it came with a Cibachrome processing drum...about 11 inches long, diameter about 4 inches. I don't have a darkroom and only process my own B&W negs right now. Any uses for this (other than a rather ugly vase)?

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Filled with concrete, it makes a dandy doorstop.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Schmoo,

The Cibachrome drum should work fine for processing contact sheets. You'll need a light bulb, a piece of glass somewhat larger than 8 x 10, and a small spot (closet?) without any light to make the exposure. Get 1/4" thick glass; its extra weight helps keep the negatives flat on the printing paper.

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I sometimes use a drum to quickly process B&W prints on RC paper. Usually when I am too tired (lazy) to set up the trays. It works just fine.

- Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The drums make great squirrel baffles for your bird feeder.

Images
    Emergency porta john while processing film.

SHort and uncomfortable stool for milking cows.

Kool-Aid pitcher.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can process film or RC prints--color or B&W--in them. It sounds like you have the 8x10" drum. It takes about 2.5-3 oz. of solution or around 75ml. If you find the 11x14" drum it takes the same caps.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    would you have to use a special reel to fit in them. It seems to me my plastic reels would be too sloppy in my 8x10 cibachrome drum for develping film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin