Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,369   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the OP is looking for a slightly wide angle MF lens, the Durst machine he picked up has a short column. I bought my daughter a small Vivitar enlarger and a 40mm lens for printing 35mm up to 11x14, otherwise a standard 50mm would only go to 8x10. I'm not sure, but I may have a 70mm in a box somewhere.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick - Yes, I plan to print only up to about 8x10 for now. It came with a 50mm but it has both condensers. I'm pretty much a newbie in the darkroom having spent 2 nights printing back in 1974.

Love the quote, btw. Who said it?

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Just yesterday I read in a schneider brochure (page 9, in german) that one should not use wide angle enlarger lenses with condensors.
    That said Rodenstock and Schneider do and did make wide angle enlarger lenses (60mm for 6x6). They tend to be more expensive.

Having used the same condensor intended for 80mm with both 50mm and 80mm lenses without any visible drawback I doubt that this is a real problem (at least with opal lamps; point light sources might be different).
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Rick - .

Love the quote, btw. Who said it?
    Don't know the origin, my sister sent it to me, knowing I'm a rabid conservative.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Rick - Love the quote, btw. Who said it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Don't know the origin, my sister sent it to me, knowing I'm a rabid conservative.
    It was the winner of a 2007 definitions contest at Texas A&M. It is also attacking a straw man and demolishing it, as if empathy, politeness, and unity were not conservative values. However, that is a topic for a different thread in a different sub-forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've checked through all my enlarger lenses and no W/A for medium format. I do have a couple of inexpensive 75mm's. Why did you buy the F-60 when there are plenty of longer columned machines available? If it was to save space, there are many enlargers with the same footprint, but taller, and not much heavier. I know it has multiple format capability with one negative carrier, but I don't see that as much of a convenience, that leaves price, hopefully you got it free or real cheap.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F60, and other Dursts like it, were designed to fit into the average kitchen drawer. They were aimed at amateurs with temporary darkrooms. A similar series, the Newporter/Reporter, was aimed at pros who had to turn hotel bathrooms into temporary darkrooms.

I had the 35mm version [M30?] in college - very handy for turning a small dorm room into a darkroom.

I may be imagining it, but I have a vague memory of extension columns for these machines.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes it is possible to reverse the column's front-to-back orientation with respect to the base and project onto the floor with the base weighted or clamped to a table. Or build a simple enlarger bench / table with a drop panel (three position) to allow a longer throw.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I got it cheap! The whole bathroom setup was $80 from a college physics professor who did color 35mm but could no longer find time to use it. It was his second darkroom and you can tell that the equipment was accumulated by a logical mind. It's a nice little system that seems to fit together really well - he even included an apron.

It took 6 months watching craigslist to get this complete system at such a good price. I got it intending to learn and see if it's a viable hobby for me. If so, I plan to build a permanent darkroom (with better equipment, maybe 4x5) in the basement for when I retire in 10 years or so and will need a place to hide from my wife.

The small size of the enlarger is a plus for me at this time. And yes, the column will reverse to project on the floor. The head will also turn 90 degrees to project on the wall.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another vote for a CE-Rokkor, an 80/5,6 is immensely sharp. I managed a very large (close to 35x45") colour print from cca. 75% of a 645 negative with lots of detail and the print looks brilliant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin