Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,838   Posts: 1,582,467   Online: 762

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What equipment to these cones belong to?

I've got several in different sizes. I got them when I picked up my Fotar enlarger but I know they aren't for that. Made of very thick machined aluminum and the holes are threaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.JPG   photo 3.JPG  
    Last edited by wildbill; 08-18-2011 at 09:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don’t know which enlarger or process camera the first two recessed (or extended) lens mounts fit.

The last one with the bayonet notches is a recessed lens board for DeVere enlargers. I think that the “lens panels”, as Devere calls its bayonet lens mounts, fit models 504 (4” x 5”), 507 (5” x 7”), and 5108 (8” x 10”) interchangeably.

This recessed lens panel is most likely useful on the 507 and 5108 with lenses of 80mm and shorter.

The following tabel gives the DeVere descriptions in my 5108 manual. They can be identified based on how deeply they're recessed. This table gives the DeVere part numbers and the focal length range it covers.

1922 = 25mm- 35mm = 1977 with Leica thread: Extra Sunken (approximately 4”)

2029 = 50mm-60mm: Leica Thread: Sunken (approximately 3”)

1920 = 75mm-80mm = 1972 with Leica Thread: Dished (approximately 1.5”)

Notice the dual model numbers. For example, the plain 4” “Extra Sunken” panel is part #1922 if unthreaded, but is part #1977 if factory threaded for Leica thread.

DeVere also made similar but larger diameter lens panels to fit its 10” x 10” and larger machines.

If you need specific information you can email KHB Photographix in Missisauga, Ontario.

sales@khbphotografix.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice. Those DeVere cones can be hard to find. (I know, I've been looking for some for a while ....)
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few of the 4" cones with Leica threads along with the two in photo on the right. PM me if you'd like to purchase them.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still don't know what the two cones on the left belong to? Anyone?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    c'mon!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you post a photo of the front of these boards, there might some distinguishing features that would help in the identification.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mean the flange?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes. For example, the front of the flange on Durst and HK lens mounts have a 45° bevel. HK mounts are 6 ¾” diameter.

Saltzman mounts have a 90° shoulder and are 6 ¼” diameter.

Here you can see a photo of an older silver finished 300/5.6 Componon on a Glenville-made Durst board with its beveled front edge.

http://glennview.com/810.htm

In the three photos below it are three Saltzman mounts: flat mount, and two recessed (or extended) Saltzman mounts.

It’s also possible that the mounts came from a process camera rather than an enlarger. These were made by various companies and are likely not recognizable to anyone other than someone with printing plant experience familiar with the specific brand machine those mounts came from.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two recessed lens boards for my Fotar and they came with an 80mm and a 50mm Rodenstock rodagon lens attached. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin