Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,409   Online: 1114

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The term 'f-stop timer/timing' probably comes from Gene Nocon, who described his method for printing in his 1987 book Photographic Printing, and I believe the timer his company produced (for a short time) was called an 'f-stop timer'. Those who followed on with similar concepts for enlarging timing kept Nocon's terminology.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    I too would be interested, especially if I didn't have to make my own PCB.
    PCBs are available already built form Mouser....
    http://www.mouser.com/arduino/?gclid...FQfd4AoduAzf6A

Also google Arduino and you will get hundreds of hits on projects n software.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    PCBs are available already built form Mouser....
    http://www.mouser.com/arduino/?gclid...FQfd4AoduAzf6A

Also google Arduino and you will get hundreds of hits on projects n software.
    I believe the PCB in question is to carry the timer project parts external to the Arduino, not the Arduino PCB.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    I believe the PCB in question is to carry the timer project parts external to the Arduino, not the Arduino PCB.

Lee
    Yes. Arduinos are readily available for about $15-18 shipped; if I do a PCB it would probably be a "shield" that plugs into the top of an Arduino to handle the keypad, LCD and driver transistors for backlight and output relay. If one were mass-producing this they'd do it on a single PCB but for people putting this together at home, using a premade Arduino makes a lot of sense because it provides the power regulation and FTDI USB interface, the latter requiring SMD components. Not to mention that it would be quite difficult for an individual to even buy the components+PCB for an Arduino for the price they're sold at.

I've also simplified things a bit so that the external wiring is now trivial. An off-the-shelf solder-prototyping shield is quite sufficient to build this thing as long as it has at least 16 pins in a row to hold the LCD header (or just a 2x8 block if you want to use a ribbon) and most of them seem to. A custom PCB really isn't required at all, though the box-insides would look neater with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Very interested!

Could you please post a picture of your final design? I've read the project details, and being a DIY guy, I'd really like to make one of these.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK so where is the schematic and more tech details for this project?

Ya got me interested too?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Another question

What is the perforated board that everything is wired into? What would you suggest as a box to hold this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check out the other thread for an update.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin