Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,725   Online: 883

Shooter
    4x5 Format

What is this tank?

This Nikor tank and reel set is larger than the normal tanks. It measures 12 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. The reels appear to be for roll film but are 4 3/8 inch in diameter.

What is it used for?

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 ss tank.JPG  

Images
    Good Afternoon, Bill,

The reels appear to be for 220 film.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a set of those, best thing in the world for 220 film. The tank is for a dip process, not inversion. You need a wire hook for it to pull the reels up for agitation in the dark. Several tanks with the reels makes for a good dip line, especially if your doing color and the tanks are sitting in a water bath like I do.
    Gary Beasley

It is called a lift rod. Short description is a tee shape and the vertical portion goes up thru the bottom reel. Make a small loop on top, 1/4" diameter. The horizontal portion of the tee is diameter or a reel and one half is double piece that turns vertical. They can also be made from tubing with wire thru a hole in the in the bottom of the tube

Agitation is twisting raise i" , lower & twist opposite. About a 90 deg twist, not critical.

You get perfectly developed film.

If you can not find a lift rod, then stainless steel weld wire would be the proper material to fabricate.

I guess you can still buy them

http://www.adorama.com/DKTLR4.html

Put film reel lift rod in search engine. 8 reel ones can be cut down and new loop made. The 4 reel might be 35mm reels so you need the 8 reel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find Paterson reels process my 220 just fine. The tank you have is neat. When I went looking I found one quite like it used marked $70. That is why I was happy to use the plastic reels.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin