Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 891

Shooter
    Multi Format

Beseler beseler 2434CN

I purchased a Beseler 2434CN negative carrier. I was thinking it was the correct carrier for rollfilm, but the registration pins are just slightly too close to fit my 6x7cm rollfilm negs. Was this easel only intended to use cut sheet film? Should I knock the pins (rivets) out and use it anyway? I have a print job tonight, and I was counting on this thing working. I might just make a carrier for tonight out of cardboard and gaffer's tape if it is a hard to find carrier and wait to buy a rollfilm carrier. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are correct. It is the carrier for sheet film. I suppose it's fairly rare although I have one. Value depends. Not many people use the small sheet film and many who do will use the glass carrier. I would try and sell it rather than modify. Just to preserve it for someone who may need one. The regular 6x9 roll carriers are pretty common and you should be able to find one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea, I kind of figured that, so I made a emergency easel out of cardboard with an exacto knife. It actually worked ok. I have a Graflex XL, so I might actually get the cut sheet back for it one of these days. I am a little upset at the ebay seller for not mentioning this helpful little factoid.

Thanks,
    Chris Maness

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin