Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,225   Online: 910

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I (hopefully) ordered everything I need today:

Arduino Duo $20
    4x4 keypad (tough to find one with letters!) $15
    16x2 red LCD $8
    Power switch tail 2 $30
    Breadboard jumper wires $5

I found everything (except the Power switch tail 2) on ebay. It's all being shipped from China, so I figure I'll have everything in about 10 days. I should be able to scrounge some sort of case, so les than $80 shipped for everything isn't too bad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice to see someone is going to try this! I am currently on holiday (on Budapest airport wifi right now, transiting Prague-St Petersburg) and back in October so can help you out in earnest then.

I take it you mean an Uno? I'm not aware of an Arduino Duo.

In related matters, I've drawn up a schematic and PCB in KiCad and will be sending it off for manufacturing in October. I'll put the design files on the webpage then too, and make the spare PCBs (if error-free) from the prototype run available.

I've also added (due to request from an lfpf-er) a rotary encoder for exposure changes. It's completely optional in the build though; just leave it out if you don't want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I take it you mean an Uno? I'm not aware of an Arduino Duo.
    Perhaps he means Due as in Arduino Duemilanova:
    http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDuemilanove

All the Arduino boards (there's lots of them!):
    http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Boards

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry, it was indeed an Arduino Uno that I ordered. Just a temporary moment of dyslexia after seeing all the versions offered online. Not sure I understand the function of the rotary encoder--is it to adjust the base exposure?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rotary encoder is currently set to change any exposure you're looking at in the Edit menu. I'll also make it so that when turned in the Exec menu it will change the base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the operation of device will be a bit tricky the first few times, but I can see the workflow logic behind it.

I think it would work very well in practice after the first session using it.

[on edit:] Hmm, the post I responded to, but did not quote, seems have been withdrawn.
    Last edited by Monito; 09-09-2011 at 07:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still no schematics?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Still no schematics?
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    In related matters, I've drawn up a schematic and PCB in KiCad and will be sending it off for manufacturing in October. I'll put the design files on the webpage then too, and make the spare PCBs (if error-free) from the prototype run available.
    October is next month, which gives him about 3 to 7+ weeks. Why would he want to release an untested schematic and deal with all the attendant headaches?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Why would he want to release an untested [design] and deal with all the attendant headaches?
    Because he wants to follow in Bill Gates' footsteps? Or doesn't.

In the early days of the 'home computer' era in the mid to late 70's many companies operated with [and openly endorsed] the 'thousand engineers principle': they didn't bother to debug the product; instead they sent it out and let the customers get the bugs out. They then incorporated the changes that came back to them in irate letters [paper - few had ARPANET access] "Hey you idiots - pin 3 of IC 12 needs a 1K pullup, and you mislabeled the connections on J3!...." Billy G. was working on software for the Altair 'computer' at the time - an early adopter of the thousand engineers principle.

Just think of all the blue-screen-of-deaths and virus attacks that would have been avoided if Billy had finished his education.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 09-09-2011 at 09:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's called an open source project. William is graciously sharing a personal project with the thought that others may find it useful as-is or with modification. There is no financial benefit involved. I appreciate his work and look forward to experimenting with the arduino.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin