Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,433   Online: 839

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cool little project. I should do something with the arduino I have sitting on my window sill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi guys,

I'm currently sitting in a combo bar/cafe/laundromat in St Petersburg drinking vodka and waiting for the dryer while the schematic is on my PC in Adelaide. I won't be home 'til October 3 and will have well over 100 rolls to process when I get there, so don't expect to see the schematic until at least 4-5 weeks from now. When posted (along with the additional rotary encoder source), it will be GPL of course. It may well have issues too but nothing that should be insurmountable.

If you're impatient, you can build it on a breadboard with no additional components and using the pin definitions in the source currently on my website.

I'm gonna go shoot some grubby decrepit buildings now; I think the street lights are nearly on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, update time.

I've designed a PCB, paid for manufacturing and I will probably send the design off this weekend. In theory that will get me 10 PCBs so I will have about 9 of them for sale for about $8 each if they work. I want to get the finished PCBs back and tested before I post the files on my website so given manufacturing turnaround times plus the fact that I'm 15% of the way through scanning 100 rolls from my holiday (some photos from the night of my previous post) means it will be well into November before you see much. If you're keen to get started, I can email you a PNG of the schematic and some new source code - PM me.

For prototyping purposes I just used a breadboard as you can see in the video. If you don't want to buy a PCB, you can easily construct it on a "prototype shield" (eBay). For a box, I would recommend a rectangular ABS or Al case and I'm using this one (99x125x40mm), which is about as small as you can go and have it all fit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds good. I might be interested in a PCB...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK so you prototyped it and it's working so how about the shematics so others with electronics experiance can see if it needs improvement or perhaps breadboard it themselves? Why the mystery? This thread is older than dirt.

Is this your schematic for the project or one like it?

http://www.brodie-tyrrell.org/fstoptimer/source/

I can't open the other files, what are you reading em with?

Last edited by paul ron; 10-14-2011 at 09:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well yes, that is my project page, which means that that is my schematic.

The other files are tar archives; any competent zipping program should open them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    This thread is older than dirt.
    Dirt is less than 52 days old? Must be a new branch of creationism.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have shiny new PCBs sitting on my desk this morning! My weekend is pretty busy but I should be able to find some time to assemble/test one and photograph the process. Assuming that goes well, I'll post the PCB design files.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mini-update: I assembled one this evening and it works nicely. Looks like it will even fit in my aluminium case with about 1mm to spare vertically

Here it is: top layer is LCD (and a little riser for the rotary encoder), middle layer is the custom PCB, bottom layer is Arduino.

Website will be updated on the weekend to have the design files and assembly photographs. The rotary encoder has a push-switch action (all wired in through the PCB) that the source doesn't support properly yet, it's connected in parallel with the foot-switch; I'll have to make a bit of an update over the next couple of weeks to incorporate that nicely instead of the current approach where keypad-# is the exposure button.

Definitely taking orders for PCBs now; the question is whether people would like basic parts kits of the annoying-to-find things (encoder and pin headers) that are hard to buy in single quantities. That will make shipping more expensive though since it'd no longer be a "letter" under 5mm thick.
    Last edited by polyglot; 11-08-2011 at 07:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm definitely in for a PCB. It seems like the pin headers alone wouldn't add any thickness to the envelope--so I'd prefer to get those as well. If you can help identify a suitable encoder on ebay--then I should have everything. Thanks!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin