Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 805

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm game for one. Sounds like something fun to tinker with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The only encoders I've seen for sale on eBay are in quantities of 10 so I've ordered a bunch.

Tim: PM me your email.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Update... schematics and board designs are on the website along with photos of an assembled timer PCB plugged into the Arduino and LCD boards. I haven't shot a new video so you'll have to take my word for it that the PCB actually works (it does).
    Last edited by polyglot; 11-13-2011 at 07:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First batch of kits are in the post now; there are still a few PCBs left if people want them (Tim?).

A slight hiccup is that the eBay encoders use a different encoding to the one that I started with, so that will require some adjustment to the source code and a new release sometime soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How much should I send you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just your email address for now. Pricing depends on whether you want components or just a PCB and what shipping options, etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Update: I finally put it in a proper case and posted construction photos.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    William--Have you had a chance to update the code for the new rotary encoders? I've been occupied wth some emergency plumbing, but will build my timer next month. Thanks.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Again, fantastic work, thanks for sharing.

I'm pretty happy with the timers I already have, but If I were to build this the main thing I would want would be to have better foot control of my light.

This is what my timer does now:
    Right Pedal (momentary): "FOCUS" Light goes on only when pedal is pressed. Light goes off when pedal is released. No beeping or effect on timer screen.
    Left Pedal (momentary): Starts count down second timer. Pressing it again when timer is running does nothing.

This is what I would like:
    Right Pedal (momentary): COUNT UP f-stop timer with beep at each "F-stop." or "half-stop" It counts up on the screen showing the exposure in F-stops and keeps counting up as long as the pedal is pressed. The beeps, of course, get farther spaced in time as it goes. This is the 'free-form' burn timer. This function alone would make the whole thing worthwhile. This is basically the 21st century version of Adams' metronome timer.

Left Pedal (momentary): Press once = Start COUNT DOWN timer. Press again and "Stop and HOLD" turning off lamp and holding remaining time on the screen. Press again to turn on lamp and resume remaining time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Barry: sorry, no, I've been quite slack on that front. I too have been occupied with emergency house-maintenance, not to mention *still* scanning photos from my September holiday.

ic-racer: this has a connection only for a single pedal. You get timer-execution or focusing depending on where in the menu structure you are. The count-up-by-stops functionality is definitely a possibility though.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin