Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 804

Shooter
    35mm

LPL C7700MX stopped working ... help?

Hi all ... I accidentally left the lamp on after focusing. When I returned to the darkroom the enlarger was very warm (but not too hot to touch). The light source lamp no longer works. I've had it out to check with my multi meter and there is continuity across the pins. My next step will be to check to see if there is 12 volts at the lamp holder but that will require some dismantling ... not something I am keen to do. Is there some sort of over temperature protection in these enlargers? If so how is it reset? ... It is not a power source/transformer issue because the colour filter lights are working just fine ... I don't have a manual and haven't been able to find a free one online.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Greg, I have the manual in front of me, but there is no mention in it of over temperature protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for responding Kevin ... This has really wrecked my day

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No worries, Greg. I could scan the manual for you, but I don't think there's any info that you need in there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Err ... how embarrassing ... It WAS the lamp ... replaced with a new one ... all is good

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmacc View Post
    I've had it out to check with my multi meter and there is continuity across the pins.
    I'm not surprised. When I first read this post In the back of my mind over many years I think I had also been fooled by that.

I actually just got back from vacation where I spent a few days needlessly replacing the trim solenoids on my dad's power boat. I was fooled when the trim switch 'tested OK' with my continuity test. Turns out the trim switch was actually the bad part.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin