Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,984   Posts: 1,633,053   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bogen X35B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 211 lamp is one of the most commonly used, so that bodes well for continued use.

I used a basic, non-main brand 35mm enlarger for years when I started out and was happy with the results. Try yours out - it may very well give you evenly illuminated prints with sharp focus from corner to corner.

And be sure to have fun!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The 211 lamp is one of the most commonly used, so that bodes well for continued use.

That's good to know!

I won a GraLab 171 timer for $20 on ebay yesterday so that is on its way. Once I get some trays, a safelight, some more dektol, and some paper, I'll be good to go for a few test runs.

Like I said, I didn't want to spend too much on an enlarger just yet. But if this will allow me to make some decent prints until I get back into the swing of it, it'll be a good deal.

It works great as far as I can tell. Everything tightens and looses, and moves as it should. There isn't any rust or anything on the housing, and it pretty much looks like it sat in a closet since it was bought. We'll see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may want to look for a backup 211 bulb too.

Most of us here with darkroom experience can attest to the fact that there are very few things as frustrating as being ready to print and having a bulb burn out before you are finished for the day.

Here is one source: http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampph211.html

And through Freestyle: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/405691...5W?cat_id=2101
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the basic set up is similar to a Durst: because the blub does not shine directly though the neg from above you can use a good quailtiy 75 wat 75 soft white bulb as the imprinted brand name is on the top and will show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin