Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,704   Online: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the manual, service manual, and a bunch of updates from ColorBAT (who used to service these), posted here:

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~eme39/beseler_45A_manual.zip

This is a great color head, (and enlarger too), I think it's the best color head Beseler ever made or sold, easily. Very sophisticated, even if you don't bother with the analyzer part. I have 5 or 6 of these (mostly since they can be found cheap, and to have them as spares), a bunch of spare bulbs, and a couple of the mixing chambers.

I generally only shoot one or two emulsions (Ektar and Portra), so once I have a base exposure sorted out, I rarely bother using the analyzer, but if you do a lot of different emulsions or different papers, it's pretty handy. My only gripes are the replacement flash bulbs are hard to find cheaply (cheaper to buy spare full heads, usually), and the flash tube output is somewhat low for really large prints (20x24 or higher, say.)

Using your enlarging lens wide-open makes life easier for the flash tubes. Usually I use mine @ f/8 but may switch to f/5.6 in the future. Doing so requires a pretty well aligned enlarger (and a good enlarging lens that is at its best wide open, like 105mm APO El-Nikkor).

enjoy!
    -Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alright thank you. It's to bad they don't make the bulbs. Mine came with a rodenstock(I think) lens. I think those are top of the line aren't they i'm kinda new to this stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format

More

Bulbs can be had on ebay if need be, but its usually cheaper to buy a whole spare head, which will have vulbs in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin