Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,256   Posts: 1,680,509   Online: 946

Shooter
    Multi Format

Converting a Jobo Print Drum for Sheet Film

I have a Jobo 2820 print drum, which I would like to convert to use with sheet film. I have just realised I can take the beaker out, and replace it with the funnel and centre core part from my 1500 series tank. The base part of the centre core, sized for 2 x 35mm reels or 1 reel at 120 size, fits perfectly.

I would like to use it to process 4x5 sheet film, is there any reason why I could not do this if I bought a 2509N reel? Will the ribs around the edges of the tank cause any problems, either by touching the film or inhibiting the flow of chemicals? I plan to process by rotation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought the ribs may cause problems with turbulence. How about processed by inversion? Will the reel fit in there?

I actually have a 3010 tank, but it's in storage for a couple of months after accidently ending up in the wrong pile before an interstate move. Given the cost of them, I would prefer not buy a second one, I guess I'm hoping for a low cost way of doing this, even if it's a bit make shift. I've got about 50 sheets to process already!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Geoffsco,

Take Steve's advice. I use the 25XX tank and have never had a problem developing 12 sheets at a time. I suppose if you simply had to do it, a few dabs of RTV here and there to hold the film in place would probably work as a temporary solution. How even everything would end up?????

Neal Wydra

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin