Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,853   Online: 808

Shooter
    Multi Format

Converting a Jobo Print Drum for Sheet Film

I have a Jobo 2820 print drum, which I would like to convert to use with sheet film. I have just realised I can take the beaker out, and replace it with the funnel and centre core part from my 1500 series tank. The base part of the centre core, sized for 2 x 35mm reels or 1 reel at 120 size, fits perfectly.

I would like to use it to process 4x5 sheet film, is there any reason why I could not do this if I bought a 2509N reel? Will the ribs around the edges of the tank cause any problems, either by touching the film or inhibiting the flow of chemicals? I plan to process by rotation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ribs will cause problems for sheet film.

Buy the 2509N reel and the tank. Less work and you will be happier.

Or you could buy the 3010 Expert Drum. I have one and really like it.

If you think that the tanks are expensive, then take the cost and divide it by the number of sheets of film you will process with it versus sending the film out for processing.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought the ribs may cause problems with turbulence. How about processed by inversion? Will the reel fit in there?

I actually have a 3010 tank, but it's in storage for a couple of months after accidently ending up in the wrong pile before an interstate move. Given the cost of them, I would prefer not buy a second one, I guess I'm hoping for a low cost way of doing this, even if it's a bit make shift. I've got about 50 sheets to process already!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Geoffsco,

Take Steve's advice. I use the 25XX tank and have never had a problem developing 12 sheets at a time. I suppose if you simply had to do it, a few dabs of RTV here and there to hold the film in place would probably work as a temporary solution. How even everything would end up?????

Neal Wydra

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin