Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,043   Online: 1187

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The M700/800 will require the Unicon 105 condensor. The Unicon 85 covers 6x6. The DA900 covers 35mm up to 6x9. Whatever you get, be sure the neg carrier and glassless inserts (and/or reg. lower glass + ANR upper glass) come with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Can you put your Beseler on a low cart?
    I suppose I *could*. However I was thinking that I'd be able to get a smaller enlarger to a more comfortable working height. With a smaller (and simpler!) enlarger than the Beseler, I can put it right on top of the sink (it's a nice big old porcelin pedestal one and is level). Plus I won't be able to leave it set up due to the way the room is, and there's no space immediately adjacent in our living area for it (it's in the barn now!) so I'd be faced with having to take it down and then realign it when I set it back up to print. That was the biggest reason for looking for an enlarger with a one piece head. I wish it were easier to just set it up in the corner! It's a perfectly good enlarger when properly set up and aligned.
    Last edited by mtngael; 09-01-2011 at 10:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkprints View Post
    The M700/800 will require the Unicon 105 condensor. The Unicon 85 covers 6x6. The DA900 covers 35mm up to 6x9. Whatever you get, be sure the neg carrier and glassless inserts (and/or reg. lower glass + ANR upper glass) come with it.
    Good to know. I'm finding out that this is going to be pretty complicated. with so many models/variants/different heads etc. Yikes...

Plus trying to find out what's actually available to buy. On that note...does anyone know of any similar enlargers besides Dursts that have a center column and one piece head, hassle free alignment, and will enlarge 6x7 negs? I was inquiring specifically about Dursts because I was under the impression that they were the only ones fitting that criteria...but maybe there's some other, more obscure, ones out there....
    Last edited by mtngael; 09-01-2011 at 10:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Durst 609 is well made, compact, can enlarge to 6x9cm, and is available relatively inexpensively these days. The only caveat is that you should make sure that it comes with the 50mm lens board (SEIMAR) and condenser (SEZUCO) if you care about 35mm negatives -- these can be hard to find separately.

Cheers,

-andrew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Early on I found that the Dursts were very good. After a run-in with a bad apple of a Durst 670 BW that had serious light fall-off even with the correct lens and condenser, I swore off them. It can be a downright hassle to find a missing pieces for the Dursts. Whatever brand you invest in, make sure it is complete, functional and that it is possible to get bulbs for it.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin