Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,573   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

I ran out of film clips

Had a bit of a back up and at the crucial stage realised..not enough film clips.
    Any one got ideas on DIY clips that they have made?
    Yep, i know i could find them on some auction site, but they will no doubt come with a lot of other stuff [ c---] i don`t need
    regards

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    From the local 99c store, I picked up a drying hanger (not quite the same). Also use freezer bag clips from the local supermarket. Both work out a lot cheaper than buying genuine film hanging clips.

Shooter
    Large Format
    alligator clips from Radio Shack or some other electronics store

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Clothes pins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clothes pins or binder clips.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    'GregY' beat me to it.

Standard alligator clips from RS and #210 wire eyelets from the hardware store. Pry the eyelets open just enough to allow your hanging wire inside, then simply screw them into the alligator clips. You can add a drop of solder if you feel it's needed, but I never have.

These will work for any films, but are especially good for sheet films. The tiny teeth make for a very positive grip and leave only minimal marks. You may need to add extra weight for roll films.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bull clips, I think that's what they are called. Office supply store has them.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Alligator/bulldog clips, yep and open up the eyelet...it is so good to have other people doin my thinking for me on a sunday afternoon
    I tried a selection of cloth pegs and none really worked that well.
    I will do a walk by at the offices tomorrow, i am sure everyones third drawer has a few spare alligator clips
    thank you all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using bulldog clips for ages - sooo much cheaper than "photo clips" and work just as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found some plastic clothespin shaped refrigerator magnets that work well, or small hardware clamps with rubber tips.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin