Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,553   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Paul Ron wrote:

"Uneven illumination? Were you using a diffuser or the condenors or both? You have to use the white plastic diffusers to replace the condenors otherwise you will get uneven illumination."

The diffusion disc is integral in the use of cold light heads, and of course it was utilized in my own printing. If you are still using a cold light head, I suggest you try the test which I mentioned above. If you are satisfied with the results, no problem then. I can only comment from my own personal experience in using cold light heads. That is to say, not good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Stat, I'll give you $20 for your Cold Light head, I can use a spare?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try it and see. The older Aristo heads work fine with Ilford MG paper and filters if you add some extra yellow. In the mean time keep your eye out for a good color head. The ability to combine varying amounts of yellow and magenta filtration in the same exposure is a fantastic tool. You can also print with the Y or M in separate exposures. Basically you have the control to do what you want. If you ever use a glass carrier a condenser head has the potential to drive you crazy with dust.

Realize that choosing between condenser, cold light and dichroic head is like choosing between rangefinder, SLR and TLR. There is no agreement as to which is best and you can make bad images with all three until you get proficient.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sorry Paul Ron, I already gave it away with the Beseler, after I bought my Durst.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin