Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,782   Online: 714

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gralab 450/451 Foot Switch help?

Hey there, please help me out with this.

So I've been kinda fed up with reaching over and pressing the button on the timer, esp when burning. I have a footswitch, but it is a proprietary 3 pronged jack for a LPL ET 400 timer that is broken.

I bought a ~$6 keyboard foot switch that has a 1/4" adapter, but I just found out today that it doesnt fit the Gralab 451 I have. I dont have the manual for it, but it seems the input would be a 3.5mm mono plug. Not sure though.

Would this keyboard pedal work if I found a 1/4" to 3.5mm mono adapter? or a more common stereo adapter?

Does anyone have one and can confirm that it is a 3.5mm jack? thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shouldn't be a problem. My Gralab footswitch has a simple mono type connection. Any RadioShack should have the adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made a remote switch for mine using a standard Radio Shack audio jack. If your keyboard foot switch is just a simple switch the adaptor should do fine. A stereo adaptor might work, but you should be able to find a mono one at "The Shack".
    You could always take the timer and switch into the store and try out what they have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm I didnt make it to Radioshack tonight as I get off late, I'll have to try to get that adapter tomorrow or this coming monday. I searched a bit online, seems like the adapter im looking for is like $4... I only paid like a bit more for the pedal =[

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgot to update, the correct adapter was the mono 1/4" female to mono 3.5mm male. Cost about ~$3 and some change at radioshack for the silver non gold plated one (they wanted $6 for the gold plated version, really?). The cheapo $6 foot switch, was branded novatron and can be found online. Works great. I also found out the 99cent store by me had a stereo version of the plug, but I had already bought the mono so did not get to try it out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin