Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,850   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 746

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Five 16x20 trays in a small sink

Originally, I designed my darkroom just to print 12x16 FB papers, so I made a wood sink (175 cm x 65 cm, inside measures) that could keep four trays inside it, and with a Nova Washer everything was fine.
    However, when I wanted to print 16x20, it was a little bit uncomfortable since I could only work with three trays.
    Finally, I solve this problem making two shelves leaned on both sites of the sink. Now, I can work with five 16x20 trays comfortably. It is not perfect, but it is much better.
    As a marginal comment, I want to recommend you to buy a washer big enough. I bought a 12x16 Nova and it is very good for 12x16 FB papers; however, if I make 16x20, I always should print with RC papers, because it is not easy to wash FB papers of this size without a washer.
    I am annexing some photos showing how the shelves make me possible to work with five 16x20 trays. I hope this idea could help to those people that, like me, have a small darkroom.
    Henry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2158.jpg   DSC_2159.jpg   DSC_2160.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nice stack. And I notice you numbered your trays -- good idea if one is moving trays around and printing late!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin