Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,110   Online: 1215

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enlarger

Shooter
    35mm

Enlarger

Hi guys,
    I was thinking of getting an enlarger.Any suggestions on which one that is low-cost and that the parts are easily obtained?Hmm,maybe a MF(6x7) carrier?perhaps a Durst?If I'm missing out something,feel free to add in.Thanks in advance

Shooter
    35mm
    Btw,I'm from Malaysia.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Probably the best all around would be the Beseler 2x3 there are many available and parts are available It is rugged and will last. I would hesitate to recommded the Omega C670 as the focusing mechanism are foam rubber and are falling apart If you can find one that is rebuilt it is also a good enlarger for 6x7 in the low cost range Of course there are may more expensive ones.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your reply rmolson!i will look into it cheers bro

Shooter
    Large Format
    Have you looked around to see what bands are available in Malaysia? If so, can you tell us which enlargers youíve seen for sale?

If you could tell us what brands youíve seen, users of those brands could offer useful comments. Itís probably not useful to comment on brands that are unknown in your area.

Have you looked around to see what bands are available in Malaysia? If so, can you tell us which enlargers youíve seen for sale?

If you could tell us what brands youíve seen, users of those brands could offer useful comments. Itís probably not useful to comment on brands that are unknown in your area.

While enlargers can be purchased and shipped long distance, due to their size and weight and resulting high shipping charges, itís likely not practical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably the best all around would be the Beseler 2x3 there are many available and parts are available It is rugged and will last. I would hesitate to recommded the Omega C670 as the focusing mechanism are foam rubber and are falling apart If you can find one that is rebuilt it is also a good enlarger for 6x7 in the low cost range Of course there are may more expensive ones.
    Actually, the C670 only had this problem on the very early ones, they changed the design after the first year or two.
    And yes the Beseler 23C models are a better unit.

Marty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just for a heads up, I did a quick check of postage fees to ship an Omega C-700 which is a light weight enlarger that handles up to 6x7 negatives, nearly $400 to ship to your area from the USA. It's best if you can locate what you need in your own area.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might be less $$ to ship if the base board wasn't shipped. It is after all mdf with a vinyl face.
    The 23C is going to be more to ship than the C-700 that Rick refers to.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wholeheartedly recommend the Meopta enlargers - built like tanks and amazingly good value. The Magnafax will go up to 6 X 9. But I've no idea how available they are in Malaysia.

Not many manufacturers are still making enlargers. The second hand market is flooded with them, easy to pick up a bargain... BUT, the crunch comes when you want to buy spares or accessories and find they are not supported any more. All the more reason to look for something popular locally which is well supported and for which you can buy spares and any accessories you need.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed, a Meopta Magnifax 4A (6x9cm), or Durst M670 (6x7cm), M805 (6x9cm) or Dunco II 67 (6x7cm) or Kienzle (small till very big) or Kaiser (also till 6x9cm), and where the last three (German) brands are still in production.

best regards,

Роберт
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin