Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,888   Online: 981

Shooter
    35mm

Dipping cage for reels

I'm going back to replenished Xtol - never should have left. I use the hard rubber Kodak tanks with floating lids and have a thing I had made up - two stainless rods that each hold three Jobo reels. I have read that Hewes makes a cage that holds reels and that seems a bit more suited to the job. Are they still made? For that matter, is Hewes still in business?
    Thanks,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hewes can be found here: http://www.hewes.co.uk/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug, come and stay a long time. We have a Pennsy Photo group that you may wish to join, hopefully we get many people from around the state and can arrange meet-ups.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What size reels are you using? What size tank? I've got a couple of reel cages for 8x10 tanks that hold 35 or 120 reels.
    Alec

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Hewes can be found here: http://www.hewes.co.uk/
    Thanks for the link, Matt. I didn't know Hewes manufactured all of those tanks, hangers, cages, clips and other goodies. If the rest is as high quality as their reels, then its definitely worth looking into...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can order most of that large tank stuff, including cages via B&H in nyc. Though it's special order, so takes a few weeks to drop ship.

Or hunt around online. I just picked up a second cage for a 3.5 gallon tank online. People are happy to get rid of them usually.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin