Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,575   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. We have some huge rolls of thick plastic in our garage downtown. I don't think it would be too huge of a task to take a bunch of it and borrow the staple gun to throw a plastic cover over the insulation.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Images
    Black plastic is a great idea. Not only will it keep dust and fibers in the wall but if you charge it up by rubbing it with piece of fur or such, it will attract and hold the regular dust floating around the room too. Better there than on your negatives.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Flotsam, good idea, I didn't think about that. I have used landscape fabric (again cheapest by far than any other black fabric) to drape the gallery/darkroom and it seems to have that same effect. Much less dust than with regular fabrics. Nice unexpected perk.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would suggest that you think about how you'd want to finish this space and start the process, even if only in the beginning stages.

6ml poly vapour barrier is applied over insulation and strapping. Special boxes are installed over the electrical outlets to make the vapour barrier continuous etc... If you are planning to go this route, it would be smarter to investigate the proper way to do it and do it once. (Like I mentioned, even if it's only in the beginning stages)

By investing in the wrong plastic sheathing only to tear it down later is a waste. Leaving it up, doing it wrong and tearing out the entire wall later because of a problem is an even bigger waste.

Good luck... (My first darkroom was a ping pong table)

joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Darkroom looks great!
    Those banquet tables are awesome for many purposes. Also try getting those plastic drawer carts from Wallyworld, very good for storage.
    And, like my lamp fixture for the safelight, are of roughly the same vintage as my enlarger & camera, thus completing the look.

I don't really need plastic wal-mart carts, the dresser has plenty of drawers.

I covered all the insulation with some heavy plastic today, so that problem should be taken care of. Bumping into the wall is much more comfortable now as well.
    Last edited by Sjixxxy; 10-21-2004 at 12:24 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to say something
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Rofl, yes, I would imagine those bumps are better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inthedark
    My darkroom is 52' x 30' and 15' high at the apex ...

Your darkroom is bigger than my house! And I have a darkroom (6x10). I can't imagine what takes up all that space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin