Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,555   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Octofish,

Quote Originally Posted by octofish View Post
    Raphael - I would be very interested to know whether you are in fact using a Durst board, because that may well be easier to find. I have had no luck with finding a meopta one. I'm told they existed (once) but haven't had any luck finding one yet.

Thanks for the tip on the retaining ring also. I didn't know these existed, but don't seem difficult to find, or particularly expensive.

Thanks guys - I have hope again!
    I checked, in fact, it's not a Durst one, I reused a flat mounting board from a Polish made enlarger lens (Janpol color from PZO factory, for the connoisseurs ).
    As it's a 42 mm threaded, I used too a step down M42-M39 ring (a few buck from a russian dealer) to mount the Rodagon (or a Schneider componon), et voila !
    A bit complicated, I know, but it is working well, as the PZO mounting board has exactly the same diameter as standard Meopta board.
    Maybe a kind of East european standardization here

Please let me know if you want further explanations, I can even post a snapshot here.

I am told too that plan Meopta mounting boards once existed, I believe they are even sold by dealers like Fotoimpex, but it seems no longer available.

In all case, the suggestion from Martin to test before buying anything is good. I know it's working with an Opemus 6 like mine, but you should check too with the Opemus 5, if ever focus stroke is shorter for this model.

Best regards,

Raphael
    Last edited by Raphael; 10-02-2012 at 04:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

Shooter
    35mm
    So I can confirm that a flat lens board is still not enough to get focus with a rodagon 2.8 on a meopta opemus 5. NEARLY. But not quite. I made one out of card and a retaining ring, and no joy.

So I guess I'll see if I can get a recessed one made up. Or sell the lens.

This is a very sad day.

Shooter
    35mm
    I once had an Opemus 5 and now use an Opemus 6 for colour. I was wondering why they had increased the diameter of the concave/convex mounting plate between the models and this problem with the Rodagon, and 'fat' lenses in general, might be the reason.

Is the problem with the stop-down lever, or with the actual lens-body itself? I have no idea if your particular Rodagon has the pre-set aperture lever or not, but it could be the widest part - it could also be far enough away from the mounting ring that the width isn't a problem. Perhaps the stop-down lever can be removed, if that's the bit which is too wide.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's the lens body itself. The part immediately after the screw thread where it goes out wide.

The thing I noticed is that it's also quite long compared to my meopta anaret-s. I'm wondering if this means it needs to go currespondingly further in the up direction to focus. This might make it even harder. It's really a matter of millimeters from getting focus with a flat board. If it was a touch shorter, I wonder if it would work.

Oh well. It doesn't!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin