Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,363   Online: 766

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Meopta opemus 6 focusing problem

Hi from Greece...

I bought a meopta opemus 6 enlanger and a rodagon 50 f2,8 lens.
    I have focusing problem.The lens almost goes inside the enlarger when trying to focus, but it's not enough.

Could someone help?
    Thanks
    Vagelis

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Vagelis,

have you already turned around the lensboard?

Greets from Germany,
    Bernhard

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks... I'll test it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    You need to have the lens mounting ring reversed, that is the lens in the dip in the ring for 35mm and the oppisite way for 120, They are very good enlargers, I use one myself for both 120 and 35 mm and they are well built and will give a lifetimes service with a modicum of care,
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you have to reverse the mounting ring

At least this will save you some money ..... always good before really going into bankruptcy

Greetz,

Роберт
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've got a Meopta Magnifax 4a which I think is fairly similar. I've found that the bellows are quite stiff and to reach focus with a 50mm lens I have to give the lens mount a gentle upward push whilst I'm turning the focusing knob to get it to the focus point. As others have said, you do also have to make sure that the lens mounting ring is orientated so that the lens goes up closer towards the negative carrier.

And my enlarger timer was made in Greece...!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi. To OP (or anyone else with any ideas) - I have an opemus 5 and just bought a rodenstock rodagon 2.8 50mm for it as well. The M39 thread fits fine, but the actual case of the lens hits the rounded recessed part of the standard opemus lens board when you try to attach it in the inverted position necessary to get focus in 50mm and so it seemingly cannot be mounted.

Did you get this to work? I am struggling to work out what to do short of getting a custom lens board made up, if that's even feasible.

Really annoyed actually cause it seems like a great lens!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by octofish View Post
    Hi. To OP (or anyone else with any ideas) - I have an opemus 5 and just bought a rodenstock rodagon 2.8 50mm for it as well. The M39 thread fits fine, but the actual case of the lens hits the rounded recessed part of the standard opemus lens board when you try to attach it in the inverted position necessary to get focus in 50mm and so it seemingly cannot be mounted.

Did you get this to work? I am struggling to work out what to do short of getting a custom lens board made up, if that's even feasible.

Really annoyed actually cause it seems like a great lens!
    I ran in this problem years ago, too, "big" enlarging lenses cannot be fitted into the reversed board, because of its "bell" shape. The solution is to use a "plan' lens board, and then, the lens is closer enough to get proper focus. I have to check it, but I believe I recycled a Durst lens board for this on my Opemus. If you have a retaining ring for M39, your plan lens board don't even need to be threaded.

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    35mm
    To test if this, the idea of Raphael (making a flat plate lens mount), is possible try making a mounting ring out of thick matt-board (cardboard) or thin plywood. This probably won't be aligned well enough to print with, but will at least allow you to see if the focussing is about right.
    Last edited by MartinP; 09-28-2012 at 02:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    35mm
    That's a great idea MartinP! I've been putting off looking into to get one made up, because I have a sneaky suspicion it will be very expensive. If a flat one would work, that will make it a lot easier/cheaper to source one.

Raphael - I would be very interested to know whether you are in fact using a Durst board, because that may well be easier to find. I have had no luck with finding a meopta one. I'm told they existed (once) but haven't had any luck finding one yet.

Thanks for the tip on the retaining ring also. I didn't know these existed, but don't seem difficult to find, or particularly expensive.

Thanks guys - I have hope again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin