Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,862   Online: 1023

Thread: Chromega D5 XL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Chromega D5 XL

Can anyone tell me the going rate for a Super Chromega D5 XL with most every accessory that goes with it? The seller lists a Chromegatrol PSU with foot switch, Gralab 450 timer, Gralab universal timer, Nikkor 135 mm f5.6, Omicron 105mm f5.6, Omicron 75mm 4.5, Rodenstock 50mm f4.5, 35mm, 645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x8, 4x5 negative carriers, a Speedmaster Photometer and a complete assortment of darkroom accessories, trays, tanks, chemicals, etc.

It would be a local pick-up so no shipping costs involved.

Just curious.

He's asking $400.00

Thanks,

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    That sounds pretty good for that lot. I assume the enlarger comes with a head; is it a condensor head or diffusion? If it's a color head like the Dichroic II, then the enlarger, head, and Chromegatrol are probably worth the $400 by themselves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say if it's in good shape and you can afford it, pay it. I think we sometimes forget that today's prices are perhaps 5-10% of the new cost. Just pennies on the dollar. For what it's worth I bought 2 D5s, one condenser, one dichro head, both with three lenses, etc for $182 at a government surplus auction a couple months ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A new LPL 4550 is well over $4,000, lenses and carriers extra.

Edit: If it isn't worn out, the prices seems good.

Check the brass rods that carry the lens mount, they should be smooth, not worn and gouged up. Also the bores of the brackets for them shouldn't have much play.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has the Dichroic head with all of the filters and other accessories. I'm going to check it out and probably make him an offer if he still has it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They made those things for many years, 30 or so. Newer would be better. Is the colorhead blue/grey or black? The black ones are newer. The Chromegatrol is the newer power supply. Condition is everything. A beater won't be worth $400. If it is nice, then bring it home, it should last a lifetime.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    People can ask however much they want for these things, but you can hardly give them away anymore, locally.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin