Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,973   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My motor screech sound was intermittent at first and came from one tank's pump going dry. It turned out that one chem causes the tubing to swell in my machine.

I converted my machine's tank sequence from dev blix wash to prewet, dev, blix, and then wash in the separate w/d unit. Mostly because the digital thermostat in my bath 1 was kaput.

I found that the RA4 developer, either on it's own, or though some interaction with past chem residues deep in the hoses, causes the hoses for that tank to swell.

Inside the machine the hose had swelled to the point of kinking and pinching off flow in a short section.

The solution was a simple shortening of the pipe in question. Getting the machine apart to affect that fix was the usualy PIA that any fix on a CP-3x machine is.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There aren't any belts, everything is gear-driven, and the pumps are direct magnetic drive. An unprimed pump will make a racket (and probably wreck the pump too). Always prime them with funnels before starting it up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Fujimoto CP-31 image processor. It appears as if the the drive worm gear is slipping or the drive motor is failing. With the washer/dryer module attached it will stop the drive completely. When I turn it off and turn it back on it will begin running again for a few minutes. Now that I have taken the wash/dry unit off it appears to be running inconsistently. Does anyone know if the motor is available anywhere or is it proprietary? Thanks for any help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like the motor is getting fussy after too mich friction. Time to experiment. Pull all the rack, and rin the moto with no w/d - does the motor see to overheat?

Turn the gears on each rack and see if any are more stiff to turn than the other.

Then add the w/d only, and see how the motor reacts.

Add things back one at a time.

The cranky motor may not be the problem, but just a symptom of another frictional issue.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed with Mike. The gears on the racks need/benefit from lubrication. I use a waterproof silicone grease on mine. Also, alignment is important on the W/D unit - make sure it lines up as perfectly as possible so the cable connector between them is as straight as possible. no sense adding friction by having that at an angle, etc.

That said, not sure on the motor but I have found the pumps separately, you would need to search on the part number of the existing motor and likely come up with something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin