Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,491   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Fujimoto (JOBO) CP-31 Print processor

Hey Guys,

I have the above mention processor and I cannot figure out where all the hoses are supposed to hook up or go. I imagine that one set goes to somewhere to feed chemicals in and the others go to a drain. But I can't find any diagrams. I can take pictures if anyone would like. Maybe we can turn this into a setup instruction thread! Thanks for anyone's help!

Jason

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Some clearer questions.

So I found a link to the manual and I see that the three hoses on the front of it go into drain bottles. But I am a bit confused to where all 7 hoses on the back go to.

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd have to check but I think there are only six hoses on mine. The larger rubber ones are the overflow hoses which just go to the drain. The smaller hoses are for the replenisher unit which you may not have. They can be plugged if you aren't using them.

Okay you made me look. There is a fourth overflow drain hose for the gearbox. It shows in the manual but in mine I think it's connect to one of the other overflow hoses inside the base. I'll have to double check the pictures I have to be sure but I think I see a tee connector in one.

Had a better look at my picture and now think the drain hose is just loose inside. Hmm some work to do tomorrow.

So there are seven hoses 4 overflow drain hoses and 3 for the replenisher.

I Learn something everyday here on APUG.
    Last edited by George Nova Scotia; 10-04-2011 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a cp-31 - older electronics, same mechanical guts.

Three hoses on the front are for draining the tanks. Plug them to keep fluid in the tanks.
    Four larger ones on the back are the overflows. Yes, one at the front drive line, and three for the tanks. A jug of water will help you sort what water from what tank goes where.
    The three smaller ones on the back are replenishers. They must be plugged when the replensiher unit is not used, or pressurized pump flow goes flying everywhere.

I have written on my work on the machine on this site in the past
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Replenisher

Now I am wondering where to get a replenisher. So we have 3 drains on the front, 3 tank overflow hoses on the back, and 1 overflow hose for the front drive line. Then the 3 smaller clear hoses are for the replenishment unit and need plugged. So I will color code these and post a picture in the next couple of days.

I have searched around and don't see any replenishers for sale. These could prove a challenge to find!

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The replenisher from other machines can be adapted. The unit provides 100Vac drive (japanese line voltage) to the replenisers via the three pin din socket on the back. The w/d unit also uses the replenishment signals to figure how long to run it's heater. The only 120V use in the machine is to drive the tank heaters. Otherwise there is a 120-100V large tx in one corner of the body to do the step down.

The replenishment signal is triggered from the feed in sensor bar. My sensor bar has one bad sensor, likely from the broken din socket female mate in the machine body. I have a repalcement socket to fuse in, but I am waiting for the next reason to open the machine before doing this.

I also have two variable volume 120Vac replenishment pumps salvaged from a bigish Kreonite roller processor that passed thorough my hands, but I otherwise trashed.
    I have yet to mate them to the CP-31. I suspect they would run ok intermittently on 100Vac without overheating. Speed is a function of 60 cycles. I cant recall if Japan is 50 or 60 cycles. Anyways, I am pretty sure the replnishment module form fujimoto worked with the CP -3x and 5x, and for the bigger unit you just set the cam to provide more volume drive to the pump piston.

Unless you are runnig a lot of prints, I would not worry about the replenisher. I run Kodak RA-RT, and it calls for 20mL per 8x10. Mostly I print 8x10. I tend to pull the top cover ajar, and pour in 80mL after 4 prints have gone though and none are mid way though the machine. I see no variability in print density or quality using this practice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can find the CP-31 replenisher, its worth having. Very slick, and nicely integrated. I have 2 full Cp-31 systems, and the replenishment is invaluable, I think.

I have a CP-51 also, and I believe that has replenishment built-in - no separate unit.

-Ed

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Well I have the unit all cleaned up.

For replenishment since I cannot find one, I just put funnels into the tube and mounted them. So then I can just pour the chemicals in and it's done. Nect week I will be putting some water in the baths and calibrating the unit. I work in Metrology so I have NIST traceable thermometers so I can adjust everything exactly.

So my darkroom is nearly done and converted to color. I have a JOBO CPP3, Fujimoto CP31, and a Beseler Minolta 45A Color head. The old mixing valve is refurbished and working well. So I am hoping to have some prints made from the (4x5) view camera done middle of next week. I will post them here when it is all set up.

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mount the funnels up high; the replenisher leads I seem to recall connect in right after the pumps in the pressure side, so there is a reasonable amount of 'head' to work against if you have only an open tube.

You may have to clip the tube shut, load the funnel with replenisher to suit, and while no print is in the machine, briefly shut it off, drain the replenisher in, and then clip up and power up again.

Good luck. Nice to hear of the progress you are making.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

CP-31

So my CP31 is working okay, it makes a intermittent motor screech though. Im thinking it might be a belt. Temperature is right on in all the baths and it did great running the paper through so I am thinking it might be a belt or drive gear, something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin