Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,634   Online: 897

Shooter
    35mm

Making a daylight loader for roll paper

You know those daylight loading holders for bulk 35mm film?

I want to make something similar for 30" roll paper. That way I can just pull paper off the roll as I need it. Right now the roll lives in a cardboard box in a black plastic bag. It's hard to get it out, and cut off enough to use, and put it all back. On the other hand, if I could just pull out however much I need and slit it off with one of those box cutter things, it would be very convenient.

I'm thinking a plywood box, with some kind of felt light trap like a giant 35mm cassette. I would be most of the way there, though, if I had a trap door that I had to close before turning on the white light.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a bulk roll dispenser that looks like a giant 110 film canister. It sits ontop of the enlarger table and paper is fed through to the spool on the other side as it is exposed under the enlarger. It's pretty cool because I can take the exposed roll out and feed it into my print processor making it a virtually automatic process.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I have a bulk roll dispenser that looks like a giant 110 film canister. It sits ontop of the enlarger table and paper is fed through to the spool on the other side as it is exposed under the enlarger. It's pretty cool because I can take the exposed roll out and feed it into my print processor making it a virtually automatic process.
    Similar to the motorized easel I used to work with when I worked for a custom printing lab.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's the same thing. I inherited it from a friend of mine who passed, I have yet to use it.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin