Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,333   Online: 930

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 45 Dichroic head installation

Hi everyone,

I'd like to install this head on my Beseler 45Mx enlarger. I don't have the owner's manual. I would need advice for what to take off on the enlarger to install the color head.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remove (unscrew) the format scale on the right rear of the upper bellows. Keep the screws and scale - you may want to put it back 8-)

Unplug the enlarger.

Remove the existing head by pulling forward on the two sliding clamps either side of the head. It helps to do this with the head at chest level. The existing head should lift off. If it is a condenser head, I suggest keeping it level - I have known the condensers to slip.

Drop the 45 head in place, and slide the clamps back to lock it down. They will be tight, but should move. You can adjust the tension on the clamps.

Depending on the model of head and chassis, work out which plug goes where.

Both heads have glass or diffusers close to the bottom rim. Put them on clean flat surfaces to avoid damage.

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Graham!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and compress the upper bellows for all formats.

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin