Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,204   Online: 1046

Shooter
    35mm

Meopta Opemus 5 Carrier question

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether the negative carrier in the Opemus 5 is the same as the one in the 6 (or the 7)? I just bought a 5 and the carrier glasses are a little scratched, and the spring loaded focus indicator piece in the carrier is melted. There appear to be carriers for both 6 and 7 and glasses available here ( www . silverprint . co . uk / ProductByGroup.asp ? PrGrp=1012 sorry APUG won't let me do a proper link because of my post count ) but not sure if they're the right ones. The photos I've found of the carrier in the 6 look really similar, with some minor differences, but not sure if it will work.

Alternatively, does anyone know an alternative source for a Opemus 5 carrier?

Many thanks!

(I just noticed that the one in the Opemus 3 looks similar also. I might add to my question whether anyone knows if the carrier is also the same in the older versions of the opemus? Might be possible to get a whole one cheap enough to make it worth while.)
    Last edited by octofish; 10-18-2011 at 05:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: more information

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Opemus Axomat 4 has the same carrier as the Opemus 5 ( i sold my Axomat 4 and only use the Opemus 5 for my 6 X 6 negatives enlarging).
    This site may be helpfull http://www.meopta.com/CCE/DownloadFileList/
    There is a Germany based company that has Meopta parts for sale, but I can't find this at the moment.
    Edit: Just found their website http://www.fotoimpex.de/

Best regards,
    LCEL
    Last edited by LCEL; 10-18-2011 at 04:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    It is different. I have one glassles mask for opemus 5 (24x36) for sale. From europe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi have had both an Opemus 2a and 5 at the same time and their negative carriers can be swapped between the two with perfect fit. They do look slightly different but they fit the the machines great all the same. I also felt that the old (2a) carrier was somewhat better built and fitted more securely in both the 2 and 5.

I am pretty convinced that they have used the same carriers throughout the complete Opemus line. Maybe different cosmetic appearance but nothing else i believe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think that the Opemus 5 has the same lenseboard as the Opemus 4 and lower. The Opemus 5a has the same lenseboard as the Opemus 6 and higher.

But I'm not completely sure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry,

Read carrier where I wrote lense board.

Jan Alwin de Jong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned several Opemus enlargers,and the only difference I noted was the finishing on the carriers,flecked paint on the early models, semi gloss black on the later editions.,
    They all had the rangefinder feature,unique in my experience,and are better made than many other enlargers carriers.. Compare the die-cast Meopta to a Fujimoto : which 'enjoys' a flimsy stamped-metal carrier across all formats. Cheesy. Note I'm not dissing the Fuji -the reversible condenser/diffusion head is a brilliant design innovation,not seen before or since.
    But Meopta take the prize for a high-quality carrier in a budget priced machine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin