Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,389   Online: 686

Shooter
    Large Format

Tank not sitting horizontal on Jobo CPE-2?

Hi everyone! First time poster here, and first time film developer.

I got a Jobo CPE-2 and a 1500 series tank. With the CPE-2 as full of water as I can get it, the tank seems to be higher on the motor side than the side with the red cap. It seems to rotate fine. Is this normal? I'm just worried that there'll be uneven development on the high end. I'd give it a go, but it's my first time developing and besides need to buy the chemistry tomorrow, I need to sit down and really read what I need to do.

Thanks for your help! What an awesome site (I'm subscribing tonight!)

Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are raised rollers that fit where the low rollers fit. The roller position you have right now is for the 25xx type tanks.

I had the same problem and used a rubber band and 3 120 film reels to hack together a support for the tail end of the tank untill I got the right stuff.

This is a picture of what you need. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jobo-ext-arm...d#ht_500wt_922
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, Mark! I love your signature quote, too!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    first, bear in mind that the CPE2 motor can't handle more than 600 CC chemistry in tank. More than that will soon ruin the motor for which no spare exist....
    Next, check that the roller are correctly placed and that the water level is correct otherwise the cap end of the tank will float and you'll get the exact reverse of the situation you face...
    Been there, done that....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin