Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,883   Online: 1005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post

How should I process these next rolls if I want to up the exposure a little?
    Post-exposure latensification is your only hope. Increasing development time does not do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post
    I do both... I will be printing these AND scanning them. Im going to try and print as well today, and I imagine that with test prints, I can get a good print...but Ive just not been able to get a good scan out of them, no matter what I do..

I use Xtol at full strength normally..
    Looks at the negs.
    Do your processed rolls contain any detail in the shadows you want?

If there is detail there it will optically print with some dodging.

Increase the time. It will not put more detail in the darks, but will increase contrast making scanning easier. developing longer for underexposed negs does not get the same results as proper exposure development, but it does make printing easier.

I would use selenium toner 1:3 on the existing rolls to bring up contrast.

Microfine will get more speed out, maybe 2/3 stop, but you really need to make more underexposed negs and test them before committing "money" shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A one stop under exposure is within the latitude of the film. There is no need to make any adjustments to your usual developing method.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 11-10-2011 at 03:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey everyone- thanks so much for your help. I did what was suggested and the negatives were salvaged. So much in fact, that I by passed scanning and spent 5 hours wet printing...and i have to admit, Im not sure how to make the scan look as good as that went print does!
    so thanks agaiN!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The proof is always in the printing!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin